Designed for a Safer Ride
In Boston and the 250+ communities Uber serves, we work tirelessly to ensure we’re connecting riders to safe, reliable rides. Our technology improves almost everything when it comes to safety and transportation by creating accountability and transparency where there was none; before, during and after every single ride—with knowing your driver, GPS tracking, and the ability to share your ETA and route. From the moment you request a ride to the moment you arrive, the Uber experience has been designed for a safer ride.
Below are a few quick things to remember to make your Uber experience as smooth, comfortable, and efficient as possible:
- Know your driver. Even before pickup, you are given your driver’s name, photo, car type, and license plate number, so that you have your driver’s identifying information in advance as well as their rating from other riders.
- Confirm that you’re getting in the right car with the the right person. Before you get in the car, double check that the license plate and car make/model match the description in your app. You can also observe whether the driver matches the photo in the app, and ask the driver to confirm his or her name.
- Need to contact your driver? You are able to call or text your driver through the app using an anonymized phone number. That way, you can talk to the driver without ever sharing any personal information.
- Share your journey in real time with friends or loved ones using our Share Status feature. This sends a link to a map showing the route you take on your ride. Learn more about this feature here.
- Provide feedback. We take post-ride feedback seriously and use it when evaluating our partner driver relationships.
- Want more details? Every Uber receipt includes your driver’s name and photo, as well as your exact route and pricing. Your receipt is your detailed guide to your Uber trip.
Uber’s highest priority is connecting riders to safe, reliable and affordable transportation providers in Boston. Technology that brings accountability and transparency to transportation makes Boston a better, safer city.
If ever you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to your Uber Boston team at email@example.com.
This St. Patrick’s Day, you can request the Bagpipes option in-app to get a free, live performance at your doorstep. Treat yourself or share the luck and surprise a friend with pipers at their doorstep. —just make sure they’re available. Enter code BAGPIPES in the app to unlock the Bagpipes option between noon and 4pm […]