Uber for Preakness!
Preakness is this Saturday – who’s excited?! As one of the largest sporting events of the year, people come from all over the world for it. Heck, this year it’s so big even Macklemore will be there! The ceiling can’t hold us, Baltimore! : )
We’re thrilled at the prospect of finding you a trusty steed to get you around during the weekend’s festivities. Here are some pro tips so you can be an awesome jockey:
- Remember that sedans on Uber have a maximum capacity of 4 people. It is illegal for drivers to accept more.
- Please be patient! There will be extreme demand – if at first you don’t succeed, have another Blackeyed Susan and try again a little later ; )
- Make sure you have the right driver: call to connect and verify their name and license plate when you get in. Never called a driver before? Don’t be shy! Hit the “phone” button on the bottom right after you request
- Don’t drop the pin inside the racetrack: Pickup from Pimlico will be from Belvedere Ave only. All other streets will be closed. Just remember to stick to the LEFT: left out the Grandstands to Hayward, LEFT on Park Heights, LEFT on Belvedere
Any other questions? Hit me up at supportBaltimore@uber.com, otherwise I’ll see you at the races, hon!
P.S. New to Uber? Here’s a quick FAQ to get you riding in style!
- How do I get a fare estimate? In the app, after you tap “Set Pickup Location,” hit “Fare Estimate.” You will not be charged for this and you will not be requesting a ride yet.
- Where can I book rides to and from? Coverage and pricing breakdown can be found here
- What if I have a large group? You can only request one car at a time with your account. Need more than one? Get a friend to sign up! (Bonus: you’ll get $10 in Uber credit when they ride)
- What if I have a really large group? There are no vans or stretch limos on the system. We’d love to be there for you but given just how high demand will be, we simply may not be the best option
- How do I cancel a ride? Hit the tools icon on the upper right and tap “Cancel Ride”
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.