This Weekend Only: Boats on Demand!
At Uber, we’re all about classy, convenient, and perhaps most of all, efficient transportation. And while we’ve got a seamless app and the best sedan partners around, we haven’t quite figured out amphibious vehicles or teleportation around Harbor traffic. So this week we got to thinking—why go around, when the most efficient route between two points is a straight line?
- Boats will be out both Saturday and Sunday from 11am-8pm.
- Your ride will be $10/person with a $50 minimum and a max of 10 people per boat—perfect time to use our new fare split feature!
- There will be 11 specific points from which to request and drop off. The app will show you available boats when you’re within a mile of these points:
- When going from Locust Point to Harbor East and you want to skip parking
- When grabbing dinner in Fed Hill, but you live in Canton
- Or even to get to the game on Sunday!
Remember that it’ll be busy with nautically-minded people like you, so please be patient! If at first you don’t see a boat, wait a few minutes—then jump aboard. I know I’m not the only one who wants to say, “I’m on a boat!”
See you on the water!
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.