Don’t Get Left in the Dust Preakness Weekend
You don’t have to be a jockey to have the ride of your life this weekend. Demand will be high, but we’ve got the best #ProTips to help you break free from the pack, for the fastest and smoothest pickups after the race.
BREAK FREE FROM THE PACK WITH UBER
|SPREAD THE WORD|
When the bands have played their last set, and the winning horse is crowned, exiting Pimlico may get tricky. For optimal pickups, reference the map below.
For the shortest ETAs move your pickup pin to:
- Pimlico Road past W Northern Parkway
- The corner of W Belvedere Ave and Pimlico Road
- The intersection of Park Heights Ave and W Belvedere Ave
SHARE THE SADDLE
Whether you’re traveling to Preakness with friends or meeting new ones in the infield, everyone’s a winner when you fare split!
- Tap the “up arrow” next to your driver’s info and select “Split Fare.”
- Select the friends you’re riding with and tap “Send.”
- Your Uber-savvy friends will receive a message and be directed to the app to confirm.
- Your friends without Uber will be asked to download the app, sign up, and confirm their share of the ride.
Our goal is to be the most reliable ride on the road and sometimes we see such high demand that the number of available cars gets tight. During this time, dynamic pricing will automatically go into effect to encourage more drivers to get out on the road. As demand goes down and more cars free up, the rates will go back to normal.
- No surprises when you estimate your fare. Surprises aren’t for every occasion. That’s why we’ll always notify you in BIG, BOLD print if dynamic pricing is in effect and ask you to manually type in the higher multiple before you can request a ride. Enter your drop off location and tap “Fare Quote” to get an estimate of the cost of your ride.
Demand will be very high. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Uber Team Maryland
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.