Uber and Goodwill are teaming up for spring cleaning in Boise.
Did you know the average person throws out over 70 pounds of clothing each year? In honor of Earth Month, we’re teaming up with Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountains to help keep useful goods out of landfills.
On Saturday, April 22 from 10am to 4pm, select the DONATE option at the bottom of the app, type in your location, hit request, and we’ll pick up your clothing donations for free. Your contribution will help fund Goodwill’s free job training and education programs.
How it works:
- Bag your jackets, shirts, pants, and other unwanted clothing you’d like to donate.
- Open the Uber app between 10am and 4pm on Saturday, April 22.
- Tap the donate option at the bottom of the app.
- Type in your location and hit request.
- If you’re matched, an Uber driver-partner will arrive to collect your donations and drop them off at a nearby donation center.
- Those who donate will receive a follow-up email with tax receipt info.
- This free service will be available in the greater Boise area, including Meridian and Eagle.
- We can only accept clothing donations if they’re bagged.
- Our driver-partners can’t leave their cars unattended—please meet them curbside with your donations upon arrival.
- While you probably have other great items to donate, we’re only accepting clothing for this drive.
- Demand will be high, so please be patient.
Help make a positive impact in the Boise community. Consider cleaning out your closet and supporting a great cause.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.