Our Continued Commitment to Hawaii
After much debate in the Hawaii State Legislature, ridesharing can continue to operate in the state of Hawaii. Through your emails to legislators, social media efforts, petitions, and attendance at rallies — your voice was heard in this process. Thanks to your support, Uber will continue to connect you to safe, reliable rides, and unlock economic opportunities throughout Hawaii.
While we made great progress this legislative session, we will continue to work with state legislators and the broader community to craft balanced, forward-thinking ridesharing regulations to ensure Uber has a permanent home in Hawaii. We are committed to finding a solution that works for everyone on the islands, similar to what we have done in over two dozen jurisdictions across the country.
As we build a home here in Hawaii, we want you to know exactly what you should expect from us when it comes to safety.
- ALL Uber driver partners must undergo a rigorous background screening process before they are able to get on the road. We use an accredited third party service to go to the source of county, state and federal records, for the past 7 years and pending infractions.
- This meticulous record screening also scrutinizes the National Sex Offender Public Website, a lifetime Social Security trace, and DMV Records in multiple jurisdictions, not just in the state where the person is signing up to drive.
- ALL vehicles on the Uber platform must meet stringent safety standards.
- Every point of an Uber ride is covered by Uber’s primary $1 million commercial insurance–from the moment a driver partner accepts a ride to the moment the rider is dropped off at their destination.
- Your Uber ride is always on the map through our GPS technology and real-time feedback is a two way street, providing another layer of data and communication that helps provide a quality experience for all.
From all of us at Uber Hawaii: Thank you for all your support. Your support has paved a path for the economic opportunities, consumer choice, and innovation that Uber is proud to represent in our great state.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.