November = Restaurants
While some of us may be missing summer already, it’s important to remind ourselves of all the wonderful things that come with the new Fall season. Beautiful weather, outdoor activities, and the very best from Hawaii restaurants!
SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS:
November in Hawaii is filled with amazing food events and concerts all over the island, there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re heading to Beachhouse at The Moana or The Pig & The Lady remember, you’ll always have a safe ride home with Uber. Here are some tips to help you navigate Hawaii’s restaurants in November:
FARE SPLITTING = FAIR SPLITTING
Rolling deep? You can split the fare with your friends without making things complicated.
How to split your fare once you’ve requested a ride:
- Tap the “up arrow” next to your driver’s info and select “Split Fare”.
- Select the friends you’re riding with and tap “Send”.
- Your Uber-savvy friends will receive a message and taken directly to the app to confirm.
- Your friends without Uber will be asked to download the app, sign up, and confirm their share of the ride.
Don’t be that guy/gal.
Here are a few tips so you can be the classiest rider around:
- Have 4 passengers? Request uberX. Have more than 4 passengers? Request uberXL.
- Riding Uber means there’s no need to tip! When you get to your destination, you can simply hop out and be on your way.
- Rate your driver based on their performance and quality of service. Drivers do not control the fare. If you have a question, reply to your receipt and we’ll be happy to review your fare!
What’s not allowed in the car:
- Illegal substances (duh – it’s the law!)
YOUR PERFECT PICKUP
With so much going on, often times everyone will be moving around at the same time.
Don’t let that stop you with these easy tips:
- Manually enter your address so your driver knows where to meet you. Select the address at the top of the screen to enter your location.
- Confirm you’re getting in the right Uber. Double check the license plate number matches the car’s plate and photo matches the driver. Confirm your driver’s name and tell him or her your name.
- Need to contact your driver? Tap the “up arrow” next to the driver info and select “Contact Driver” to call or text your driver. Uber automatically anonymizes your number so you’re never sharing your personal information.
UNDERSTANDING DYNAMIC PRICING
Our goal is to be the most reliable ride on the road and sometimes dynamic pricing will automatically go into effect to encourage more drivers to get out on the road. As demand goes down and more cars free up, the rates will go back to normal.
Follow these tips to get around Honolulu during times of peak demand:
- Know when Uber demand is highest (like after concerts, when the bars close and after a big game).
- Always notified in advance. You’ll always be notified in advance and asked to confirm any increased rates, and you can always estimate your fare before requesting. Here’s a video that explains what dynamic pricing looks like in the app.
UBER IS DESIGNED WITH SAFETY IN MIND
We are committed to the safety of everyone using Uber. Our technology is designed to bring accountability and transparency to every ride so you can always feel safe taking an Uber.
Here are some of our features:
- Share your journey in real time. Use the “Share My ETA” feature to send your friends or family a map of your route and expected time of arrival.
- Provide feedback. Our feedback loop asks riders to rate every trip. We use that information to evaluate our driver partners.
- Detailed receipts. Every Uber receipt includes your driver’s name, photo and route information from pickup to drop off. Your receipt is your detailed guide to your trip. Additional questions? Just reply to your receipt and a member of our support team will follow up shortly!
Last updated March 11, 2016
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.