In Atlanta It’s the Best Week Ever
This week in Atlanta it’s the
We’ve got lots going on in A-Town, and if you don’t act quick you’re gonna miss out. So keep your eyes and ears open as we spill about what’s going on about town.
MUSIC MIDTOWN 2012 – BREAKING NEWS
Y’all know that Music Midtown is this weekend, September 21-22, and Uber’s teaming up with Red Bull to bring you something totally awesome! We’re about to reveal to you that super secret thing we’ve been talking about all week . . . You’re sure you’re ready for this??
Uber ATL and Red Bull are holding not one, but TWO sweepstakes to hook you up with tickets and Ubers to Music Midtown 2012! Holla!
So how do you win? Here’s the official rules of the Music Midtown Ticket Giveaway and below a list of the prizes:
- A pair of two-day general admission tickets to Music Midtown, woooooot!!!
- A pair of Uber promo codes, each giving you $5 off your Uber ride to/from roundtrip ride to the festival
And the official rules for the Music Midtown VIP Experience and the prizes:
- A pair of two-day general admission tickets to Music Midtown
- A pair of lanyards granting 2 glorious hours VIP access to the Red Bull Energy Station and 2 drink tickets for use at the Energy Station
- One code for a hyper-awesome Uber ride for two, round-trip to and back from the event. Can you say par-tay?
Read the rules, find out how it’s done (Hint: it involves trivia on the Twitter), and then do it. Follow @redbullATL and @Uber_Atl on twitter.
But don’t forget that Uber is spreading love to all you non-sweepstakes winners too, to the tune of $5 OFF a ride to or from Piedmont park between Friday – Saturday.
The discount applies for 1 ride to or from Piedmont Park (see MAP) between Friday September 21st and Sunday, September 23rd. YOU MUST REQUEST YOUR TRIP BETWEEN 4PM FRIDAY AND 2AM SUNDAY FOR THE CODE TO WORK.
WIN A CHANCE TO BE ON TV – “Forever Relevant” Charity Costume Gala
Kenya Moore is hosting an exclusive charity costume gala that will be **Tapped Live**. This is a private event that will honor African American women in film, and as usual, Uber is getting you the hookup! We’ve got one set of tickets to give away to the Uber-ite with the most love and knowledge of the history of African American actresses. Lena Horne, anyone??
- Each morning Tuesday-Thursday, we’ll Tweet a trivia question (from @Uber_ATL so you better follow us!) about different African American actresses. If you know the answer, Tweet it back, but also re-Tweet the question to all your friends.
- If you get the answer correct, you’ll be entered to win the Grand Prize Winner announced Thursday, 5pm. Answer each question each day correctly, and your name could be entered into the pot 3 times!
- Grand Prize Winner receives exclusive tickets to Kenya Moore’s costume gala on Sunday, September 23rd on a PRIVATE ESTATE. Aaaaaaaand $60 to get you to and from the event in a stylish Uber.
- Person with the most re-tweets gets $25 of Uber credits – holla!
Side Ditty about Uber Event Partnerships
Many of you have taken Uber and know exactly what we do. We’d love to partner with your event in Atlanta in order to help you solve your transportation needs and help make your event amazing. Uber is a simple and absurdly elegent transportation alternative for navigating Atlanta. But we may not know about your event unless we hear from you. So for those of you looking to get creative please email us at Atlanta@uber.com. We’d love to hear from ya!
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.