Etiquette Guide: uberPOOL
We’re excited about the launch of uberPOOL in Atlanta – the easiest and cheapest way to share a ride. To help make you an uberPOOL pro, we’ve developed an Etiquette Guide: uberPOOL for you and your potential co-rider(s). When you’re ready to roll, do so comfortably with pro tips.
1. Please be prompt! Because of proper trip timing, your driver is not required to wait more than 2 minutes. And you don’t want to make your co-rider wait, do you? (Correct answer: No.)
2. Save that super important (or passionate) cell phone conversation for after your uberPOOL ride. That means no arguments with your significant other about dinner reservations, or drawn out conversations with your loud (but lovable) best friend.
3. Feel free to make small talk, but shy away from heated debates like the new baseball field location. Heated debates—of any kind— are typically not recommended while in confined spaces. Safe topics: your cat Ruby, the best pulled pork in ATL, and your favorite housewife.
4. Rides to the gym—uberPOOL. Rides home after you’ve been working out and sweating for an hour—you may want your own car (please). Generally, it’s best to gut-check whether it’s an appropriate time to POOL.
5. Hungry? Enjoy a quick snack. But anything heavily scented and potentially messy, save that for your destination. Swedish Fish – okay. Fish taco – not so much.
6. Stay so fresh and so clean because you never know who you could meet. Atlanta is full of movers and shakers – both real and imagined. Pop a mint just in case your POOL trip becomes a job interview.
7. Personal space is important. Respect it. See below.
8. It’s getting chilly in Atlanta, so please refrain from rolling down the windows on a beautiful, wintery day to “enjoy the breeze.”
9. Your mother told you that patience is a virtue. And in this case, it also saves you money. Your uberPOOL trip may take a few minutes longer, but you’re guaranteed a cheaper fare.
10. Skipping the hassle of navigating (or sitting) in ATL traffic is a welcome relief and a chance for silence and decompression to many ATLiens. So please don’t bug your co-rider to play 21 Questions (unless he or she has fully consented).
The truth is, we all want to spend less on transportation, we all want what’s best for the environment, and we all want a relaxing, comfortable Uber ride. So why not join the uberPOOL party and jump on in?
Still have a few more questions? Check out our FAQs.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.