Using Uber at Tampa International Airport
With five passenger terminals and dozens of shops and restaurants, Tampa International Airport (TPA) can feel like a busy and overwhelming hub of activity. Nineteen million passengers passed through TPA in 2015 and though that number isn’t nearly as high as other airports in the United States, it doesn’t make traveling any less daunting. Luckily, there’s plenty of resources in Tampa—including Uber—that can help your travels go much more smoothly.
Links and Tips for Getting Around TPA
- Uber Airport Pages: From calculating a fare estimate to explaining the different ride options, our dedicated Tampa International Airport page contains all the information you’ll need to request an Uber at TPA.
- Busy Times: TPA sees an average of 51,550 passengers every day. March is the busiest month and September is the slowest, so keep that in mind when planning your trip.
- Wait Times: As any traveller knows, the time it takes to make it through security is always unpredictable. This site lists live wait times.
- Security Rules: To avoid any unnecessary delays, be smart about your packing and make sure you aren’t caught with any prohibited items. Read up on the latest tips and guidelines.
- Pick-Up/Drop Off: All rider pick-ups must occur at the baggage claim/arrivals area in the Main Terminal on Level One.
- Maps: TPA has a great collection of maps detailing the general airport grounds, as well as each individual terminal to point you to the nearest escalator or the correct gate.
- News: You can stay on top of all pertinent news and updates about TPA by following their official Twitter.
Destinations to Visit When You’re in Tampa Bay
Ready to go exploring? Uber in Tampa Bay can help you get to some of these great activities and places, ranging from the wildly popular to more off-the-beaten-path destinations:
- Tree Hoppers Aerial Adventure Park: If you’re looking for an activity that will get your heart pumping and give you a chance to experience various breathtaking natural landscapes? Then a visit to Tree Hoppers Aerial Adventure Park is a must. You can zip-line through trees, cross elevated wooden planks, and climb through tunnels in the eight courses laid out here.
- Captain Memo’s Pirate Cruise: How would you like to channel your inner Captain Jack Sparrow and play the part of pirate for an afternoon? Then climb aboard an authentic pirate ship and set sail around the Gulf of Mexico, drinking, listening to reggae music, and engaging in treasure hunts and water gun fights at Captain Memo’s Pirate Cruise.
- Henry B. Plant Museum: You can learn about Tampa’s early roots at the Henry B. Plant Museum, residing in the old Tampa Bay Hotel, which was built in 1891 and now considered a National Historic Landmark. From viewing beautiful Victorian-era furnishings and artifacts to specialty exhibits, stroll through memory lane at the massive site that’s also home to the University of Tampa.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.