Using Uber at Miami International Airport
You probably wouldn’t know it, but the Miami International Airport (MIA) is the second busiest airport in the US when it comes to international flights as it’s the largest gatewaybetween the United States and Latin America. With over 80 airlines operating out of MIA, getting to and from the airport can be a Herculean undertaking that can break even the strongest of frequent flyers.
That’s why using Uber can help mitigate a lot of the stress of traveling. Why concern yourself with the headache of driving or costly parking, when you could simply request an Uber?
Here are a few resources to help make your trip in and out of MIA a cinch.
Resources for Miami International Airport
- Uber Airport Pages – Using Uber’s Miami airport page, you’ll find specific, detailed instructions that will assist you with requesting an Uber at MIA, removing the hassle of getting picked up from the airport. As always, make sure you request your Uber after you’ve picked up your luggage.
- Traffic Report – It’s recommended that you arrive at MIA two hours before all domestic flights and three hours for all international flights. Checking the local traffic reportbefore requesting your Uber can save you valuable time on the road.
- Terminal Wait Times – You can check the security wait times for all MIA terminalshere.
- TSA Flight Guidelines – Getting yourself caught up on all of the latest flight regulations by visiting the TSA website can save you valuable time at the security checkpoint.
- Map of Terminals – Use this map of the terminals to pinpoint where your airline is located. You can also use this map to find all of the shops and restaurants available to you at MIA.
- MIA Airport Official App – Before your trip, be sure to download the MIA app onto your smartphone, that way you can stay current on all the latest news out of MIA. You can even use it to scan your boarding pass if going green is your thing.
Miami offers plenty to see and do during your stay, and now that Uber has you covered on transportation, here are just a few of those must see places you can check out.
Where to Visit
- Joe’s Stone Crab – Joe’s Stone Crab is a Miami institution that has been in business since 1913, but it was when they put the stone crab on the menu in 1921 that the restaurant really took off. Be sure to make a reservation as soon as you book a flight as this one of the toughest tables to get in all of Miami. Also, If you want to eat a stone crab like one of the locals, check out this video.
- Little Havana – Named so for the hundreds of thousands of Cuban immigrants that lived there during the 1960’s, Little Havana is one of the most culturally vibrant neighborhoods in all of Miami. If you really want to immerse yourself in all that Little Havana has to offer, take a walking tour where you can stroll down Memorial Boulevard and Calle Ocho while taking in all of the fruit stands, unique eateries, and the Bay of Pigs Museum.
- Miami Children’s Museum – If you’re looking for a little family fun during your stay in Miami, then you should take the whole crew down to Watson Island and visit the Miami Children’s Museum. There you’ll find several interactive exhibits that encourages play for all ages. Don’t forget to go down the Castle of Dreams slide during your trip!
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.