UF Safe Rides: Gators Riding Late Save 50% on Uber
Uber is excited to once again offer University of Florida students safe and reliable transportation at a huge discount. Beginning this Friday, June 26, Uber rides that begin and end within the provided zone and specified times (see below) will be 50% off for all UF students who use the promotion code provided by UF’s Student Government.
HOW IT WORKS
- Wednesday through Saturday, between 10pm and 3am (until August 7), UF students can request an Uber ride via the “UF Safe Rides” option in their Uber app. During these hours, rides that begin and end within the boundaries displayed below will be 50% off.
- NEW UBER USERS: Sign up here and download the Uber app on your phone. Enter your promo code into the promotions section to unlock the Safe Rides option.
- EXISTING UBER USERS: Enter your promo code into the promotions section of your app. This will unlock the Safe Rides option in your app.
- The UF Safe Rides option will only be available Wednesday through Saturday, between 10pm and 3am (until August 7).
- Later Gator and SNAP will still run during their normal hours of operation.
- Rides requested via the Safe Rides option must remain within the given boundaries.
- Rides that either begin or end outside of the boundaries will not be discounted, even if you used the Safe Rides option.
- You must request your ride from the UF Safe Rides option in order for the UF discount to be applied. Rides requested using the uberX option will not be discounted.
- Split fares will reflect the discount for all riders who have the UF Safe Rides option on their phone for trips that occur during the provided times.
UF RIDE ZONE
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.