UF Safe Rides: Gators Riding Late Save 50% on Uber This Fall
Uber is excited to once again offer University of Florida students safe and reliable transportation at a huge discount. Beginning this Wednesday, September 23, Uber rides that begin and end within the provided zone and specified times (see below) will be 50% off for all UF students who use the promotion code provided by UF’s Student Government.
HOW IT WORKS
- Wednesday through Saturday, between 10pm and 3am (until December 18), UF students can request an Uber ride via the “UF Safe Rides” option in their Uber app. During these hours, rides that begin and end within the boundaries displayed below will be 50% off.
- NEW UBER USERS: Sign up here and download the Uber app on your phone. Enter your promo code into the promotions section to unlock the Safe Rides option.
- EXISTING UBER USERS: Enter your promo code into the promotions section of your app. This will unlock the Safe Rides option in your app.
- The UF Safe Rides option will only be available Wednesday through Saturday, between 10pm and 3am (until December 18).
- Later Gator and SNAP will still run during their normal hours of operation.
- Rides requested via the Safe Rides option must remain within the given boundaries.
- Rides that either begin or end outside of the boundaries will not be discounted, even if you used the Safe Rides option.
- You must request your ride from the UF Safe Rides option in order for the UF discount to be applied. Rides requested using the uberX option will not be discounted.
- Split fares will reflect the discount for all riders who have the UF Safe Rides option on their phone for trips that occur during the provided times.
UF RIDE ZONE
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.