Know the FACTS about Uber in Broward County
As of 7am July 31, Uber has suspended operations in Broward County because of hostile new regulations passed by the County Commission.
Help bring back Uber in Broward. Share one of these facts on Facebook or Twitter:
- Nearly 25% of Uber rides in Broward County are taken during peak times for drunk driving-related incidents. #BrowardNeedsUber
- More than 50 cities, counties & states have adopted smart, modern ridesharing regulations. Broward is not one of them. #BrowardNeedsUber
- AZ, AR, CA, CO, DC, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, ME, MT, NE, NV, ND, OK, SC, TN, WI have modern ridesharing regs, but not us. #BrowardNeedsUber
- 80,000+ people, city mayors & biz community urged Commission to create a home for Uber in Broward Co. They didn’t listen. #BrowardNeedsUber
- 78% say Uber makes their friends less likely to drink and drive. Uber can help keep drunk drivers off the road. #BrowardNeedsUber
- 70% of the U.S. – 223 million people – have access to safe, reliable transportation through Uber. #BrowardNeedsUber
- 2000+ Broward County Uber partners can no longer earn $ providing rides in their own community #BrowardNeedsUber
5 Commissioners is all it takes to bring Uber back by changing the ordinance when they return from break.
60 seconds is all it takes to help us persuade them.
Make sure to tell your friends and family #BrowardNeedsUber
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.