Uber to Bring Tampa Bay Entrepreneurs Venture Capital On-Demand
The opportunity to have the undivided attention of an established venture capitalist for 15 minutes is enough to make many budding entrepreneurs salivate. This Friday, Uber is partnering with Florida Funders to make that very dream come true for local entrepreneurs in Tampa Bay.
Between 11am and 2pm on Friday, October 9, riders who successfully complete a request in the TBPITCH option will be picked up by Uber and have 15 minutes to pitch their idea to the prospective investor already in the car. After the 15 minutes are up, the rider will be dropped back off at their original pickup location. Oh, and the whole thing is absolutely free!
“A partnership with Uber is a perfect match for Florida Funders,” says Dave Chitester, CEO of Florida Funders. “They are using technology to disrupt the traditional transportation industry just as we are using technology to disrupt the traditional investing industry. UberPitch gives entrepreneurs and investors both an opportunity to try out Uber if they have not yet signed up and who knows, maybe we will find the next big startup right here in the Tampa Bay area.”
So prepare your pitch, get your game face on, and take a look at the details below to get your once-in-a-lifetime shot at securing the funding your startup needs.
HOW IT WORKS
- Open your Uber app, tap the Profile icon in the top left corner, and tap Promotions
- Enter promotion code TBPITCH
- Request a ride in the now-available “TBPITCH” option on Friday, October 9, between 11am-2pm
- If successful, you will be picked up by Uber with an investor inside the vehicle and have 15 minutes to pitch your idea. After the 15 minutes are up, you will be dropped back off at the original pickup location
- Demand is expected to be very high, so riders are encouraged to keep checking their app for the next available TBPITCH vehicle
NEW TO UBER
- Download the app on iOS or Android
- Signup for an Uber account and enter promo code TAMPABAYTECH
- Follow steps 1-4 above
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.