Feeding our community
In South Florida, nearly 1 million people are food insecure, and we ask you to join us to help put food on the table. This week, we’re teaming up with The Pantry of Broward, which provides nutritional food to seniors struggling to live on low fixed incomes and grandparents raising their grandchildren.
On Friday, March 20, request GIVE between 10am-2pm and donate non-perishable food items to The Pantry of Broward
|TELL YOUR FRIENDS|
The items most in need are canned fruits and vegetables, canned soups, pasta, rice, peanut butter/jelly and low-sugar cereals. An Uber driver-partner will pick up your donation of 3 items or more and deliver them for free directly to The Pantry of Broward.
South Florida residents deserve a meal on the table—and we thank you for joining Uber and The Pantry of Broward to help. Your contribution will make a difference.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Tonight, collect non-perishable food items.
- Tomorrow, March 20, open your Uber app between 10am-2pm.
- Toggle to GIVE at the bottom of your screen and hit request.
- An SUV will arrive at no cost to pick up your donation and bring it to The Pantry of Broward.
- Each GIVE request must include a minimum donation of 3 items.
- Food items must be non-perishable (think canned vegetables and fruits, pasta, peanut butter, and both hot and cold cereal), and cannot be dented, opened, or have passed expiration dates.
- A driver will arrive at your requested pick-up location. Please keep in mind drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended, so we ask that you bring your food donation to the driver when he or she arrives. (Please note: drivers will not pick up perishable or non-food items.)
Not able to donate food items? You can always consider making a donation online to help keep The Pantry of Broward running. Click here to learn more about The Pantry of Broward’s work and to donate.
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.