Cities Driving Innovation
In March, we announced an exciting, first-of-its-kind pilot program with the city of Altamonte Springs to improve transportation access within the community.
We are thrilled to announce that four other cities are joining as we expand this program beyond Altamonte Springs to Lake Mary, Longwood, Maitland, and Sanford. Starting today, these cities will subsidize 20% of the cost of every trip beginning and ending within city limits. In addition, all trips that begin or end at the SunRail station will receive a 25% subsidy.
“Having five neighboring cities involved in this pilot project will help us to better measure the impact that it has on our efforts to help people get from point A to point B and make it easier and more cost effective for people to use SunRail,” said Frank Martz, Altamonte Springs City Manager.
A recent study by the American Public Transportation Association found that:
- The more people used shared modes of transportation (like Uber), the more likely they are to use public transit, own fewer cars, and spend less on transportation overall.
- Shared modes of transportation complement public transit, enhancing urban mobility.
- Shared mobility will continue to grow in significance and the group urges collaboration between public agencies and the private sector.
In addition to boosting SunRail ridership, the option of discounted Uber trips eliminates worry over finding parking at popular venues, allows individuals who can’t drive the ability to get around each city and provides solutions to urgent situations such as car repair, health care, etc.
We look forward to a successful and innovative partnership with these cities as they continue using revolutionary technology to improve the quality of life for their community.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Open up the Uber app and tap ‘Select Pickup Location’
- Select ‘Promo Code’ at the bottom of the screen
- Enter your city location in the promo field. For example, ‘Altamonte’, ‘Lake Mary’, ‘Longwood’, ‘Maitland’, or ‘Sanford’
- Slide the icon to your city option (Altamonte, Lake Mary, Longwood, Maitland, or Sanford) and enjoy your discounted ride!
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.