Uber & Goodwill® Make Spring Cleaning Easy
Spring has sprung, and it’s officially the time of year for cleaning out closets. In the spirit of the season, we are teaming up with our friends at Goodwill® of Greater Washington to make donating clothing quick and convenient.
This Saturday, May 2, clean out your closets;
let Uber take care of the rest with #UberSpringCleaning
|SPREAD THE WORD|
HOW IT WORKS:
- Bag up your clothing such as jackets, shirts, pants, blouses and any other items of clothing you’re willing to donate.
- Open your Uber app in Alexandria, Arlington or Fairfax Counties between 10am and 4pm on Saturday, May 2.
- Request GIVE at the bottom of the screen.
- If you’re connected, a SUV will arrive to pick up your items – and will drop-off your donation to a Goodwill location in Northern Virginia.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
It’s totally FREE!
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation.
- #UberSpringCleaning is only available Alexandria, Arlington and Fairfax Counties, no requests can be fulfilled in the District of Columbia.
- Drivers will arrive at your requested pickup location. Please keep in mind drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended—we ask that you bring your bagged clothing out to meet your driver when they arrive.
- #UberSpringCleaning will be in high demand so please be patient!
- Those who are able to donate on May 2 will receive a follow up email early next week with tax receipt information.
If you’ve already cleaned out your closet or if the promotion isn’t happening near you, you can still help your local Goodwill® by finding your nearest donation center here.