Supporting DC’s LGBT Community
Like people across the world, we were deeply shocked and saddened by the recent murders at a gay nightclub in Orlando. The world is a brighter and better place when we are all free to be ourselves. And we want to bring people together, no matter who you are or where you’re from.
To celebrate life and love in all its forms, this weekend we’ll be offering free rides to and from places around DC that are important to the history and culture of the local LGBT community.
Just open the Uber app, request an uberX or uberPOOL, and get picked up or dropped off at any of the following locations—a discount of up to $20 will be automatically applied:
- Casa Ruby (2822 Georgia Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20001)
- Cobalt (1639 R St. NW, Washington, DC 20009)
- Freddie’s (555 23rd St. S, Arlington, VA 22202)
- Green Lantern (1335 Green Ct NW, Washington, DC 20005)
- JR’s (1519 17th St. NW, Washington, DC 20001)
- Nellie’s (900 U St. NW, Washington, DC 20001)
- Number 9 (1435 P St. NW, Washington, DC 20005)
- SMYAL (410 7th St. SE, Washington, DC 20003)
- The DC Center (2000 14th St. NW, Washington, DC 20009)
- The Eagle (701 Benning Rd, NE, Washington DC 20019)
- The Fireplace (2161 P St. NW, Washington, DC 20037)
- Town Danceboutique (2009 8th St. NW, Washington, DC 20001)
- Whitman Walker Elizabeth Taylor Medical Center (1701 14th St., NW Washington, DC 20009)
If you’d like to help the Orlando community, please consider giving to the OneOrlando Fund.
This offer is limited to two rides per person, up to $20 per ride and is valid from 12pm local time on Friday, June 17 through 11:59pm local time on Monday, June 20.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.