Supporting DC’s LGBT Community
Like people across the world, we were deeply shocked and saddened by the recent murders at a gay nightclub in Orlando. The world is a brighter and better place when we are all free to be ourselves. And we want to bring people together, no matter who you are or where you’re from.
To celebrate life and love in all its forms, this weekend we’ll be offering free rides to and from places around DC that are important to the history and culture of the local LGBT community.
Just open the Uber app, request an uberX or uberPOOL, and get picked up or dropped off at any of the following locations—a discount of up to $20 will be automatically applied:
- Casa Ruby (2822 Georgia Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20001)
- Cobalt (1639 R St. NW, Washington, DC 20009)
- Freddie’s (555 23rd St. S, Arlington, VA 22202)
- Green Lantern (1335 Green Ct NW, Washington, DC 20005)
- JR’s (1519 17th St. NW, Washington, DC 20001)
- Nellie’s (900 U St. NW, Washington, DC 20001)
- Number 9 (1435 P St. NW, Washington, DC 20005)
- SMYAL (410 7th St. SE, Washington, DC 20003)
- The DC Center (2000 14th St. NW, Washington, DC 20009)
- The Eagle (701 Benning Rd, NE, Washington DC 20019)
- The Fireplace (2161 P St. NW, Washington, DC 20037)
- Town Danceboutique (2009 8th St. NW, Washington, DC 20001)
- Whitman Walker Elizabeth Taylor Medical Center (1701 14th St., NW Washington, DC 20009)
If you’d like to help the Orlando community, please consider giving to the OneOrlando Fund.
This offer is limited to two rides per person, up to $20 per ride and is valid from 12pm local time on Friday, June 17 through 11:59pm local time on Monday, June 20.