Pro Tips: Getting an Uber at the Airport!
- Wait until you’ve snagged your luggage from the baggage claim to fire up the app and request your ride. (Optional: show off the app to your fellow travelers—spread the Uber love with your invite code!)
- Don’t hesitate to call or text your driver to coordinate your exact pickup location.
- Always confirm your driver’s name and license plate when they arrive to ensure you’ve got the right ride.
- Requesting via text message? Text the full airport name (i.e. “Baltimore Washington International Airport,” “Washington Dulles International Airport,” or “Ronald Reagan National Airport”) to 827-222 to request your ride.
Do keep in mind the different DC-area airports have different rules on where your driver can pick you up. Here are some quick tips for all three:
- Reagan National Airport (DCA):
From Terminals B and C, head out to the second curb from the exit on the arrivals level to meet your driver.
- Washington Dulles International (IAD):
Your driver will pick you up in the hourly parking area—walk outside just past the taxi and bus pickup on the first floor.
- Baltimore Washington International (BWI):
BWI keeps things nice and simple. Your driver will wait right outside the arrivals door!
Get ready to go from cramped and turbulent to smooth and spacious in your Uber. 🙂 Ride on!
– The Uber DC Team
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.