Halloween weekend is right around the corner, and we know that means zombies, bunnies, and maybe even “binders full of women” will all be Uber-ing to the best costume parties in the District. And while we’re totally confident we will have a record number of cars on the road, we wanted to pass along a few tips for the weekend to ensure the best OoOoOober experience. 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
We’re going to be SUPER busy shuttling trick-or-treaters and Halloween revelers all over town, so don’t dismay if you can’t get an Uber on the first try! Snag a few more pieces of candy and another drink, and try your request in a few minutes. If you see a surge pricing notification please pay careful attention to the current rates before confirming your request, or wait a few minutes for additional cars to become available and for prices to go back down (more information about surge pricing can be found here).
A FEW HALLOWEEN OoOoOober PRO TIPS:
- Don’t get mixed up with the ghoul next door! Be sure to verify your driver’s name and/or the license plate given in the app to make sure you’ve got the right Uber.
- Tap the location bar to manually input your exact address before requesting. This can help eliminate pickup confusion!
- Traffic, traffic, traffic! The streets will likely be packed, so thanks ahead of time for your patience.
- Keep an eye out for surge pricing notifications near the Witching Hour.
And of course as always, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. Happy Halloween!
– Alex and Katie, your Uber DC community managers