Memorial Day, the Uber Way
Memorial Day in DC is so much more than just a Monday off. Looking past the oppressive heat and influx of tourists, it’s a day to celebrate America! Not to mention the official OK to pull out that all-white wardrobe and kick off the summer season.
In all seriousness, the BBQ madness can sometimes make us forget what Memorial Day is really all about: spending time with friends and family, being proud of our American heroes, and taking a moment to reflect on this incredible city, country, and our nation’s past.
So this Monday Uber wants to make it easy for you to make the most of the history right in our own backyard, with a 50% off discount on rides to DC’s monuments and memorials.
HOW TO CELEBRATE MEMORIAL DAY THE UBER WAY:
- If you haven’t already, sign up for Uber so you can always have a convenient, stylish, stress-free ride when you need one.
- Head on over the “Promotions” page on Uber.com or in the options menu of the Uber iPhone/Android app and enter promo MEMORIALDAY12 to snag your discount.
- Take a ride to any of the areas highlighted in blue on the map below and enjoy 50% off your Uber fare (up to $25)! The discount applies to any ride between 10am and 5pm on Monday, May 28th, 2012.
OTHER DEETS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Discount only applies to rides ending within area outlined on map above, including (but not limited to): The National Mall, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Vietnam War Memorial, World War II Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Roosevelt Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, George Mason Memorial, Holocaust Museum, Arlington Cemetery, Air Force Memorial, and Iwo Jima Memorial.
- Promo code must be applied before requesting your ride to receive the discount.
- Promo is only valid between 10am and 5pm on Monday, May 28, 2012.
- Questions or concerns? Shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Today, I’m excited to announce that Arianna Huffington will join Uber’s board. For those of us who know Arianna, it’s clear she knows a thing or two about being an entrepreneur. As the founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post, she’s built one of the most successful, innovative media companies in the world… from scratch. […]