WANTED: UBER San Diego Brand Ambassadors!!!
What is UBER? We’re a game changing startup that has developed software that allows anyone to request a ride via mobile app, text message, or the web. Once requested, your driver will arrive curbside in just minutes. You can track the arrival of your ride, your credit card (on file) is charged after your ride, and you’ll receive an email receipt detailing your trip.
For users, we push the limits of the transportation industry to create a simple, more efficient, and ultimately more enjoyable car service experience. For drivers, UBER is an additional revenue stream, allowing professional drivers to make more money by turning downtime into profits.
We are venture-backed by some of the biggest players in the VC industry, including Goldman Sachs, Jeff Bezos, Benchmark Capital and Menlo Ventures.
Spread the Uber Love! We’re looking for a cool, smart, all-star to spread the word about UBER. You need to be comfortable talking to anyone about UBER, reaching out to your personal and professional networks, and be able to source and plan events around San Diego. You’ve gotta be comfortable in an ‘all hands on deck’ environment and you can thrive in a startup culture.
- Fun. You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help share something awesome with the world.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily…
- Word savvy. You have exceptional writing skills and can craft everything from emails to event invitations, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You’ll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew of users; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive
- Sales-driven. You know how to talk the talk and get people excited about a product or service.
- Robust/active online presence and familiarity with social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, WordPress, etc.).
- Influencer amongst your friends and community.
- Sales and business development experience.
- San Diego local knowledge a plus!
What you get:
- The experience of working with the hottest startup on the planet.
- Hourly cash opportunities at cool events such Pride and Comic Con.
- A shower of UBER credits based on the number of signups, events and partnerships you can hook up.
- A bundle of UBER swag!
Note: This is a part-time opportunity; compensation is primarily in UBER credits! Paid hourly opportunities also available.
Bottom line: You have to be ready to hustle! You must be ready and excited to get your hands dirty and help build a growing business. You need to bring the voice of Uber to the masses…you ready?
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be an UBER Ambassador, shoot an email to SD@uber.com and tell us what you’ve got!
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.