uberPOOL San Francisco: Everybody’s In!
We are thrilled to announce that uberPOOL is now available to all Uber users in the San Francisco Bay Area. Using uberPOOL allows Uber riders to share trips with another rider along their route and reduce the cost of Uber by up to 40%.
Since August, we’ve opened up beta testing for uberPOOL to approximately 100,000 riders in the SF Bay Area. The response has been incredible, and we’ve been working hard to test and tweak what we believe will be a real game changer for cities.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
We’re so glad you asked. uberPOOL relies on the same convenient, safe and reliable Uber ride you know and love.
- Select uberPOOL from the slider
- Input your pick-up location and destination
- You will be matched with another rider traveling along a similar route
- Sit back and save — even unmatched rides are 20% less than standard uberX fares
- Each request can have two riders, for up to four riders total
- Your route is optimized for a quick and easy ride for you and your co-rider. Average time added to your trip: less than 5 minutes
20% of traffic would die down if everyone carpooled once a week
BUT WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
Using uberPOOL has the power to transform the way people commute and think about getting around, into and out of the city. It can have incredible implications for congestion, pollution, urban parking and transportation costs — giving even more people an affordable alternative to personal car ownership. We can’t wait to see what happens.
1,600 pounds of greenhouse gases can be kept out of the air each year by carpooling just 2X a week
Visit the Uber Driver’s Guide to SF section of our site for more information on driving in SF.