Uber + Boatbound: Sail to Work!
For the past few months Uber has made getting a ride around the East Bay quick, easy, and fun. This Monday only, Uber and Boatbound are taking your commute to a whole new (sea) level. For one day only, skip the stress, grab some friends and sail away from the gridlock.
This probably won’t be the fastest way for you to get to the office Monday morning, but if you want to feel the wind in your hair and and enjoy free coffee and breakfast, all aboard!
How it Works
- Download the Uber app and request the “Boat” option
- If a seat on the boat is available, you’ll get your usual confirmation message and we’ll send an uberX to pick you up and bring you to the dock
- Boat service will be available on Monday August 5th only. Boats will be leaving from the East Bay in the morning and SF in the evening. In the morning, boats will leave the East Bay between 7am and 9am. In the evening, they will leave SF between 5pm and 7pm. Your boat will leave within 15 minutes of your arrival at the dock
- In the morning, you can start requesting at 6:15AM, in the evening at 4PM
- $30 gets you uberX door-to-dock service and cool swag. The boat ride along with breakfast/drinks is free!
- No cash required! Your ride will be charged directly to your Uber account
Things to Remember
Prepare for the weather. We’ll have blankets on board if you get cold, but make sure you pack something warm as it can get chilly out on the water! Most boats will have an indoor space, but plan accordingly.
Commute times on a boat can range between 30 minutes for the power boats and up to 1.5 hours for a sailboat if there isn’t wind! Unfortunately we cannot support specific boat preferences.
There is very limited supply so if you request a boat and we don’t have room, we’ll email you a coupon good for 20% off any boat rental on Boatbound!
Uber SF + Boatbound
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.