Uber + Boatbound: Sail to Work!
For the past few months Uber has made getting a ride around the East Bay quick, easy, and fun. This Monday only, Uber and Boatbound are taking your commute to a whole new (sea) level. For one day only, skip the stress, grab some friends and sail away from the gridlock.
This probably won’t be the fastest way for you to get to the office Monday morning, but if you want to feel the wind in your hair and and enjoy free coffee and breakfast, all aboard!
How it Works
- Download the Uber app and request the “Boat” option
- If a seat on the boat is available, you’ll get your usual confirmation message and we’ll send an uberX to pick you up and bring you to the dock
- Boat service will be available on Monday August 5th only. Boats will be leaving from the East Bay in the morning and SF in the evening. In the morning, boats will leave the East Bay between 7am and 9am. In the evening, they will leave SF between 5pm and 7pm. Your boat will leave within 15 minutes of your arrival at the dock
- In the morning, you can start requesting at 6:15AM, in the evening at 4PM
- $30 gets you uberX door-to-dock service and cool swag. The boat ride along with breakfast/drinks is free!
- No cash required! Your ride will be charged directly to your Uber account
Things to Remember
Prepare for the weather. We’ll have blankets on board if you get cold, but make sure you pack something warm as it can get chilly out on the water! Most boats will have an indoor space, but plan accordingly.
Commute times on a boat can range between 30 minutes for the power boats and up to 1.5 hours for a sailboat if there isn’t wind! Unfortunately we cannot support specific boat preferences.
There is very limited supply so if you request a boat and we don’t have room, we’ll email you a coupon good for 20% off any boat rental on Boatbound!
Uber SF + Boatbound
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.