Outsmart the Flu With UberHEALTH
Flu season is just around the corner, and trying to squeeze in your latest immunization may not be on the top of your To Do List.
You’re not alone. The flu affects up to 20% of the population each year — but it’s preventable. While vaccination remains the single best option, less than 50% of adults receive a flu shot.
Let us help you beat the bug. On Thursday, we’re bringing house calls back with UberHEALTH across more than 35 US cities, including Los Angeles and Orange County. From 11:00am until 3:00pm, we will be delivering wellness packs for $10. If you request and receive a wellness pack, you’ll also have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse for up to ten people – at the single touch of a button.
On Thursday, November 19, request an on-demand wellness pack and option to receive a flu shot
HOW IT WORKS:
- Open your Uber app between 11:00am and 3:00pm
- Select the ‘UberHEALTH’ option and request. Pro Tip: Please select a suitable indoor location prior to UberHEALTH arriving.
- Upon arrival, users will receive a wellness pack for $10 and the option to request a Fluzone® vaccine from a registered nurse from Passport Health for up to ten people – at no cost.
- If you request a shot, the nurse will handle all paperwork and consent forms
- We expect demand for UberHEALTH to be high, so your patience is appreciated.
Last year, we learned some valuable insights from our first UberHEALTH pilot program, and our journal was published in the Annals of Internal Medicine that explores more. Convenience and delivery method are both key components of many people’s decision when determining whether or not to get a flu shot. We know there is more that we can do, and we are thrilled to have John Brownstein, PhD as our first advisor in the field of health care. With his guidance and expertise, we will be able to identify other ways we can leverage the Uber platform so we can drive to a healthier future.
Unable to get UberHEALTH, but still interested in getting a flu shot? Use VaccineFinder to find the nearest shot provider nationwide.
- Cost is $10 for a wellness pack which includes a UberHEALTH water bottle, tissues, hand sanitizer, lollipop, and a recyclable UberHEALTH tote.
- Maximum of one wellness pack and ten free flu shots per request.
- All vaccinations (appropriate for ages 4 and up) will be administered by a registered nurse through Passport Health. All consent information and paperwork stays between the recipient and them.
About John Brownstein, PhD:
John Brownstein, Ph.D., is the Director of Computational Epidemiology Group at Boston Children’s Hospital and Professor, Department of Biomedical Informatics at Harvard Medical School. He is the co-founder of Epidemico and is joining as Uber’s first advisor in the field of health care.
*Sources: CDC National Early Season Flu Vaccination Coverage, United States, November 2014.
Thompson M. Updated Estimates of Mortality Associated with Seasonal Influenza through the 2006-2007 Influenza Season. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010;59(33):1057-1062.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.