¡On-Demand Mariachi Fiestas!
We’re rolling out on-demand mariachi fiestas this Cuatro de Mayo!
On Friday, May 4th we’ll have three SUVs in San Francisco transporting the Bay area’s premiere Mariachi bands along with Tres Agaves margarita mix and piñatas. Requesting your own fiesta is smoother than the most expensive Añejo – all you have to do is press the “Let’s Party” button. Consider this the ultimate Cinco de Mayo pre-game.
How much does this instant fiesta cost?
A $100 in-app payment (pesos not accepted) gets you:
- 1 song performed by a Mariachi band
- A bottle of Heaven aka Tres Agaves margarita mix (BYOTequila)
- 1 piñata full of mystery and wonder
Is ordering the fiesta *really* a smooth process?
Yes. So smooth.
- From 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm PDT, the bands will be roaming the SF streets in SUVs.
- You can request a fiesta by selecting the sombrero.
- Set the location you want the fiesta delivered and tap “Let’s Party.”
- You’ll receive an ETA and be able to communicate with the driver.
- The mariachi band will arrive to perform a song from their repertoire or take requests. Limit one band per order!
- After the song, they’ll leave you with a piñata, margarita mix and beautiful memories.
What do I do with an on-demand fiesta?
Really? The possibilities are endless, but we have a few ideas…
- “Mariachi bomb” your friends by requesting one without their knowledge!
- Serenade your lover with an intimate performance. Romántico!
- Planning an engagement? Order the fiesta, and we’ll put the ring in the piñata.
- Be employee of the month and order a fiesta for your office!
For more inspiration, check out this video…
We’re excited to launch Payment Rewards — a way to discover, track, and redeem rewards right in the Uber app. We’re kicking it off with Capital One®, where every 10th ride is free (up to $15) when you pay with a Quicksilver® or QuicksilverOne® card through March 2017.
Today, I’m excited to announce that Arianna Huffington will join Uber’s board. For those of us who know Arianna, it’s clear she knows a thing or two about being an entrepreneur. As the founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post, she’s built one of the most successful, innovative media companies in the world… from scratch. […]