Los Angeles #UberEverywhere
We’re saying au revoir to Europe (for now) and heading to our next stop on the #UberEverywhere journey where we show you our favorite spots in each Uber city around the world. Let’s make our way back to the state where it all began and introduce our 9th city:
To the City of Angels
One of Uber’s fastest growing cities, Los Angeles is the home of a ton of #UberApproved events that we’ve been involved with. From LA Food and Wine to the Breaking Bad Season Finale, a personal favorite show of the team, we’ve been helping people get around safely and in style since February 2012. We also brought the Romance to you on Valentine’s Day with on demand quartets and roses and gave a lucky fan the chance to Stay The Night with Zedd and meet the man himself earlier this month. What will we do next?
Los Angeles’ Top 5
We’ve got some great shopping on Rodeo and star-studded hangouts, but there’s more to Los Angeles than just the typical tourist attractions. Be sure to check a few of these off your list the next time you visit LA.
1. Griffith Observatory: One of the most well known attractions in Los Angeles, the observatory is perfect for a hike where you’ll get a great day time view of the city. Or come visit at night to look at the stars with their telescopes. They also have shows 6 days a week at the best planetarium in the world.
2. Bodega Wine Bar: We have a soft spot on the LA team for this establishment. We visit this lounge at least a few times a month to interview candidates since it has such a chill ambiance and addictive bacon wrapped dates.
3. Santa Monica Pier: Looking for a good view by the ocean? Head over to this historic location for amusement rides, an aquarium, and food. It’s also home to some of our favorite events such as the Twilight Concert Series.
4. Bottega Louie: If you’re in the mood for some solid Italian food and pastries, then look no further than this downtown hotspot. You have to try the portobello fries as an app and save room for their well known desserts such as the macrons. While it’s near impossible to choose just one, we recommend the Earl Grey and Salted Carmel flavors.
5. SugarFish: This local favorite has spots all around the city so you can catch a ride to one of their locations no matter which neighborhood you’re in. If you’re into amazingly fresh fish and great service then you definitely need to make this a stop on your list whether you’re just visiting or a local. Wondering what to order? Trust us, and get the ‘Trust Me’.
The Uber LA Team
Video by Rafiki Tree Productions
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.