Introducing WINE & WINEXL in Santa Barbara
You now have the option to request a personal driver to stay with you while you tour Santa Barbara’s wine country. Now you and your friends can enjoy a day of wine tasting and the convenience of Uber.
WINE will pair you with an uberX vehicle that seats up to 4 riders and WINEXL will pair you with an uberXL vehicle that comfortably seats 6.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Request WINE or WINEXL and you’ll be paired with a driver for the day
- Get comfortable and make your way to wine country
- Leave your belongings in your car and enjoy yourself
- Call or text your driver by using your app, your driver will be waiting for you in the parking lot
- Enter a new location into your app and the driver will automatically be updated with your next destination
WHEN AND WHERE WILL WINE BE AVAILABLE?
- WINE and WINEXL will be available on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays between 9am and 6pm. It’s up to you to decide when and where you want to go!
- You can stop the tour whenever you want. There’s no limit to the time or distance on WINE and WINEXL trips, just a minimum fare of $10.
On average, you’ll see fares as low as $35 per hour when you request WINE and $45 per hour when you request WINEXL. The fare will depend on the length of your trip and distance. If you split that between 3 friends, you’ll feel the savings even more!
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.