Introducing WINE & WINEXL in Santa Barbara
You now have the option to request a personal driver to stay with you while you tour Santa Barbara’s wine country. Now you and your friends can enjoy a day of wine tasting and the convenience of Uber.
WINE will pair you with an uberX vehicle that seats up to 4 riders and WINEXL will pair you with an uberXL vehicle that comfortably seats 6.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Request WINE or WINEXL and you’ll be paired with a driver for the day
- Get comfortable and make your way to wine country
- Leave your belongings in your car and enjoy yourself
- Call or text your driver by using your app, your driver will be waiting for you in the parking lot
- Enter a new location into your app and the driver will automatically be updated with your next destination
WHEN AND WHERE WILL WINE BE AVAILABLE?
- WINE and WINEXL will be available on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays between 9am and 6pm. It’s up to you to decide when and where you want to go!
- You can stop the tour whenever you want. There’s no limit to the time or distance on WINE and WINEXL trips, just a minimum fare of $10.
On average, you’ll see fares as low as $35 per hour when you request WINE and $45 per hour when you request WINEXL. The fare will depend on the length of your trip and distance. If you split that between 3 friends, you’ll feel the savings even more!
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.
It’s official: the Uber Driver App for iOS is now available for download in the App Store. And to celebrate, we’ve put together a list of the top 9 things you probably didn’t know about the Uber Driver App for iOS. Once you’ve taken a look, head on over to the App Store and take it for a spin.