Ride like a Pro in PHX
We’re kicking off the most epic week in the Valley – from the Phoenix Open in Scottsdale to the big game in Glendale – and we want to ensure you have a safe and reliable ride all week long.
Follow these top five tips to ride around Phoenix like a pro and enjoy the festivities safely and in style!
PRO TIP #5: RIDER ETIQUETTE
Don’t be that guy/gal. Here are a few tips so you can be the classiest rider around:
- Have 4 passengers? Request uberX or UberBLACK. Have more than 4 passengers? Request uberXL or UberSUV.
- Riding Uber means there’s no need to tip! When you get to your destination, you can simply hop out and be on your way.
- Rate your driver based on your their performance and quality of service. Drivers do not control the fare. If you have a question, reply to your receipt and we’ll be happy to review your fare!
What’s not allowed in the car:
- Illegal substances (duh – it’s the law!)
PRO TIP #4: YOUR PERFECT PICKUP
With so many events this week, everyone will be moving around at exactly the same time. Don’t let that stop you with these easy tips:
- Manually enter your address so your driver knows where to meet you. Select the address at the top of the screen to enter your location.
- Confirm you’re getting in the right Uber. Double check the license plate number matches the car’s plate and photo matches the driver. Confirm your driver’s name and tell him or her your name.
- Need to contact your driver? Tap the “up arrow” next to the driver info and select “Contact Driver” to call or text your driver. Uber automatically anonymizes your number so you’re never sharing your personal information.
PRO TIP #3: FARE SPLITTING = FAIR SPLITTING
Splitting the cost of tickets to the big game can get complicated. Sharing the ride home isn’t! How to split your fare once you’ve requested a ride:
- Tap the “up arrow” next to your driver’s info and select “Split Fare”.
- Select the friends you’re riding with and tap “Send”.
- Your Uber-savvy friends will receive a message and taken directly to the app to confirm.
- Your friends without Uber will be asked to download the app, sign up, and confirm their share of the ride.
PRO TIP #2: UNDERSTANDING DYNAMIC PRICING
Our goal is to be the most reliable ride on the road and during this time, dynamic pricing will automatically go into effect to encourage more drivers to get out on the road. As demand goes down and more cars free up, the rates will go back to normal. Follow these tips to get around PHX during times of peak demand:
- Know when Uber demand is highest (like after concerts,when the bars close and post-game).
- Always notified in advance. You’ll always be notified in advance and asked to confirm any increased rates, and you can always estimate your fare before requesting. Here’s a video that explains what dynamic pricing looks like in the app.
PRO TIP #1: UBER IS DESIGNED WITH SAFETY IN MIND
We are committed to the safety of everyone using Uber. Our technology is designed to bring accountability and transparency to every ride so you can always feel safe taking an Uber. Here are some of our features:
- Share your journey in real time. Use the “Share My ETA” feature to send your friends or family a map of your route and expected time of arrival.
- Provide feedback. Our feedback loop asks riders to rate every trip. We use that information to evaluate our driver partners.
- Detailed receipts. Every Uber receipt includes your driver’s name, photo and route information from pickup to drop off. Your receipt is your detailed guide to your trip. Additional questions? Just reply to your receipt and a member of our support team will follow up shortly!
As you finalize your plans, we hope you take a moment to thank your driver for providing you with a safe, reliable ride. With these simple tricks, you’ll be on you way to a hassle-free and fun week!
Team Uber PHX
Last updated March 11, 2016
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. Sweepstakes Name: March EATS Bonanza Sweepstakes Period: Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 8:00 am MST until Sunday, April 02, 2017 at 11:55 pm MST Winners Announced: The winners of the helicopter ride will be announced on Monday, April 3 by 9:00am MST. Winners for the $200 credits & UberEATS swag […]
The best time of the year to be in Phoenix? Right now of course. Not only is it the perfect weather, but Spring Training has kicked off across the entire Valley. The Valley has 10 ballparks spread from Scottsdale to Camelback Ranch. Each neighborhood is unique in terms of food and drink. Whether you’re looking […]
Starting June 16, Uber is available to pick you up at Tucson International Airport.