Updated Cancellation Policy
What’s the Uber cancellation policy? That’s a question we get a lot – and until now, like a bad Facebook status, it was complicated. Drivers feeling burned after long pickups. Riders getting surprised by drivers showing up in 30 seconds (yes, it happens :) …)
Starting today, you will be charged a $10* cancellation fee only if you cancel more than 5 minutes after your driver has been assigned.
Why the change?
- Simplicity – Peace of mind knowing you have 5 minutes to cancel in case something comes up.
- Fairness – Drivers make a commitment to come to you after they accept a trip request. It costs them time and money to get to you. After more than 5 minutes, it’s only fair that drivers are compensated for the time spent.
- A Better Uber – When riders cancel frequently, drivers feel burned and are less likely to accept pickups. This leads to drivers rejecting longer pickups or calling clients to make sure that they want a pickup. Uber is efficient and elegant transportation. Unnecessary phone calls and rejected pickups are not Uber.
The fine print:
- If you cancel within 5 minutes, you won’t be charged.
- If you tap the cancel button after 5 minutes, we will let you know that a $10* fee will apply if you confirm the cancellation.
- If for any reason your driver takes too long to get to you (the current ETA prediction for your driver shows the driver would arrive 5 minutes over the original ETA we provided) then the cancellation charge will be waived.
- If you are not at the pickup location or your driver cannot get in touch with you, our $10* cancellation fee will still apply.
So be sure to cancel as soon as possible to avoid a charge and more importantly, maintain the Uber equilibrium of happy riders and happy drivers :) And as always, if you have a question about a charge, just reply to your email receipt or reach out to your city’s community manager.
*NOTE: if in a non-US city, cancellation fee will be in your local currency. Examples: £10, $10 CAD, $10 AUD, 10 EURO. When canceling a ride with TAXI, the fee is $5.
We’re excited to launch Payment Rewards — a way to discover, track, and redeem rewards right in the Uber app. We’re kicking it off with Capital One®, where every 10th ride is free (up to $15) when you pay with a Quicksilver® or QuicksilverOne® card through March 2017.
Today, I’m excited to announce that Arianna Huffington will join Uber’s board. For those of us who know Arianna, it’s clear she knows a thing or two about being an entrepreneur. As the founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post, she’s built one of the most successful, innovative media companies in the world… from scratch. […]