Win a winter jet-away with Uber + KLM – terms and conditions
READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING. YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THEM WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCLUDE LIMITATIONS OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
Win a winter jet-away with Uber + KLM
Terms and Conditions
- The “Win a winter jet-away with Uber and KLM” promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over who have used the Uber app, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the Promotion. Proof of age and/or identity and/or residency may be required. The Promotion will be free to enter.
- To take part in the Promotion you must:
- enter the code XXX into your Uber app; and
- refer a friend using your personal code, which can be found in the “Free Rides” section of the Uber app or at riders.uber.com/invite (a “Referral”).
- There is no limit to the number of friends that you can refer. For each Referral you achieve, you will get one entry into the Promotion prize draw (the “Prize Draw”). Further details of the Prize Draw are in paragraph 7 below.
- Any friend that you refer to Uber will get up to £10 off their first trip using the Uber service. Once your referred friend has taken their ride, you will get up to £10 back into your Uber account, which will be automatically discounted from your next trip. You and your friend can amend the settings in the “Free Rides” section of your Uber app and apply the discount to a future trip, provided that both you and your friend use the discount within three (3) months of it becoming available to you. However, the discount of up to £10 applies to one trip only and cannot be rolled over.
- The opening date of the Promotion, and the time when the counting of Referrals will start, begins at 00:01 on Monday 5th October 2015 and ends at 23:59 on Monday 12th October 2015 (the “Promotion Period”). Entries received after this time will not be counted in the Prize Draw.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- The Prize Draw shall take place within five (5) business days of the end of the Promotion Period the “Prize Draw”), at which time three (3) winners of the Prize Draw will be chosen at random by a computer process.
- Each winner will receive:
- a pair of economy class return flight tickets provided by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (“KLM”) to a European destination of each winner’s choice (the “Destination”), subject to the terms and conditions set out in paragraph 9 (the “Prize tickets”) ;
- Uber transport to and from the applicable airports in the UK and at the Destination, subject to the terms and conditions set out in paragraph 10availability; and
- accommodation for two nights at the chosen Destination as arranged by Uber,
- Each winner may depart from any UK KLM departure pointsgateway. Each winner’s return flight must originate from the Destination. In the event that at the time of a winner’s travel dates KLM no longer operates from the winner’s selected gateway, tickets will have to be reissued departing from another KLM gateway where KLM still operates [and the winner and their travel companion shall be responsible for all costs associated with transportation to and from the outbound KLM gateway.] The Prize tickets are only valid for KLM operated flights. Winners and their travel companions are excluded for travelling with KLM’s Flying Blue programme and use of the Prize tickets will not accrue air miles for this programme and may not be applied towards accruals for any frequent flyer or similar programme. [The routing of the Prize tickets must be directly to Amsterdam (AMS).] The Prize tickets may be subject to certain restrictions, including without limitation, availability and blackout dates and KLM’s standard terms and conditions of carriage. KLM will attempt to accommodate each winner’s preferred travel dates but has no obligation to do so and all specifics thereof will be at KLM’s sole discretion. It will not be possible to change the date of travel after the Prize tickets have been booked. KLM flight numbers and dates of travel for each winner’s travel companion must mirror those of the applicable Prize winner (i.e., they must travel together). All terms and conditions attached to a winner’s travel shall also apply to their travel companion. No additional travel is allowed with the Prize tickets; flight segments other than the flight to the Destination cannot be added to the tickets. KLM will report the value of the Prize. Each winner’s travel must be booked at least 28 (twenty-eight) daysthree (3) weeks before the date of departure to the Destination and no sooner than six (6) months prior to the date of departure. The Prize tickets must be booked before 1 March 2016 and aAll travel in connection with the Prize must be completed no later than 31 March1 August 2016. Once issued, Prize tickets cannot be changed or modified. The Prize tickets are not valid for upgrades. The Promoter will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets or travel vouchers and is not responsible if the trip is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason. Each winner and their travel companion must have a valid passport to travel to Europe, which does not expire within six (6) months of the date of return from the Destination. Each winner and their travel companion are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation, including passports and visas, and any cost related thereto. Each winner and their travel companion is responsible to complying with any health advice, regulations or inoculations required to travel to the Destination and any costs associated thereto [Each winner and their companion will be responsible for paying all applicable individual taxes related to the acceptance of the Prize.] Each winner will be informed of how to arrange their Arrangements for issuing the Prize tickets ahead of travel by will be made KLM. Only after all required documentation is returned to the Promoter and a winner is verified will the applicable Prize be awarded.
- The Prize does not include travel insurance or anything other than is set out in paragrapah 8.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Promotion or the Prize Draw, errors in processing entries, identifying the winners, in the announcement of the winners or the delivery of the Prizes.
- The winners will be notified by email before Monday 26th October 2015 and will be provided with details of how to claim their Prize. If a winner does not accept the Prize within the timeframes stipulated in paragraph 9, hen that winner forfeits their Prize respond to the Promoter within 14 (fourteen) days of being notified by the Promoter, then the Prize will be forfeited and the winner will not be entitled to any form of compensation from and the Promoter will be entitled to determine another winner in accordance with the processes described above.
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace the Prize (or any part of it) with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so. The Prize (or any part of it) is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not for sale, and no substitution by any of the winners or their travel companions and no cash alternative is offered.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Prize Draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Third party terms and conditions apply to any part of the Prize where applicable.
- The winners’ names and counties can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 (thirty) days of the date of the closing date of the Prize Draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions. Extensions of deadlines are not permitted at any time.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Promotion or the Prize Draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you or accept any liability (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential) for any loss, damage, personal injury or death arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Promotion or taking up the Prize, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not the Promoter or its affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such loss, damage, personal injury or death, except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the Prize Draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this Promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time during the Promotion Period.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision, or part thereof, of these Terms and Conditions will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision or part thereof. In the event that any provision, or part thereof, of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions, or parts thereof, will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of that term or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in the Promotion–related materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Except where prohibited by law, you agree that any dispute, conflict or controversy, howsoever arising out of or broadly in connection with or relating to the Promotion, the Prize Draw or the Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be first mandatorily submitted to settlement proceedings under the International Chamber of Commerce Mediation Rules (ICC Mediation Rules). If the said dispute has not been settled within 60 (sixty) days after a request for Mediation has been submitted under the said ICC Mediation Rules, such dispute shall be exclusively and finally resolved by arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC Arbitration Rules). The ICC Rules’ Emergency Arbitrator provisions are excluded. The dispute shall be resolved by one arbitrator to be appointed in accordance with the ICC Rules. The place of arbitration shall be Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of you and the Promoter or its affiliates in connection with the Promotion, the Prize Draw or the Prize (whether contractual or non-contractual), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- The Promoter of this Promotion is Uber B.V., of Vijzelstraat 68-78, 1017 HL Amsterdam, Netherlands.
We are proud to announce plans to expand the number of fully electric vehicles available on our app in London. These plans build on our existing efforts to help tackle air pollution in the capital. Already more than 60 per cent of Uber journey miles in London take place in hybrid cars and shared journeys […]