UberHOUR terms and conditions
READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING. YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THEM WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCLUDE LIMITATIONS OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
Terms and Conditions
- The “UberHOUR” promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to all individuals aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with the Promotion. Proof of age and/or identity may be required.
- The Promotion offers Uber riders drinks offers in participating bars (a “Partcipating Bar”) between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Mondays through to Thursdays in October 2015 (the “Timeframe”) and is subject to these Terms and Conditions (the “Offer”).
- The Promotion and the Offer are subject to any limitations imposed by the applicable Participating Bars including, but not limited to, the drinks included in the Offer and the days on which the Offer is available. The Promoters will not be responsible for or incur any liability (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential) for any limitations imposed by any Participating Bar including, but not limited to, a refusal to grant you access to the bar or serve you drinks, or the availability or inclusion of certain drinks in the Offer.
- To take part in the Promotion you must:
- enter code UBERHOUR (the “Code”) into your Uber app;
- book an Uber to take you to a Participating Bar to arrive within the Timeframe; and
- show your Uber receipt with the Code to a member of staff at a Participating Bar.
- There is no limit to the number of times you can participate in the Promotion within the Timeframe.
- The opening date of the Promotion is 00:01 on X October 2015 and ends at 23:59 on Saturday 31st October 2015 (the “Promotion Period”).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failure to participate in the Promotion due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Promotion or the Offer.
- The Offer (or any part of it) is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Promotion or Offer is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Third party terms and conditions apply to any parts of the Promotion or Offer where applicable.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse participation in the Promotion or the Offer to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Promotion or the Offer where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you or accept any liability (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential) for any loss, damage, personal injury or death arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Promotion or taking up the Offer, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not the Promoter or its affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such loss, damage, personal injury or death, except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You may be required to participate in publicity related to the Promotion and the Offer which may include the publication of your name and photograph in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this Promotion or Offer may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Promotion and the Offer.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time during the Promotion Period.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision, or part thereof, of these Terms and Conditions will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision or part thereof. In the event that any provision, or part thereof, of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions, or parts thereof, will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of that term or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in the Promotion–related materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Except where prohibited by law, you agree that any dispute, conflict or controversy, howsoever arising out of or broadly in connection with or relating to the Promotion or the Offer awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be first mandatorily submitted to settlement proceedings under the International Chamber of Commerce Mediation Rules (ICC Mediation Rules). If the said dispute has not been settled within 60 (sixty) days after a request for Mediation has been submitted under the said ICC Mediation Rules, such dispute shall be exclusively and finally resolved by arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC Arbitration Rules). The ICC Rules’ Emergency Arbitrator provisions are excluded. The dispute shall be resolved by one arbitrator to be appointed in accordance with the ICC Rules. The place of arbitration shall be Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of you and the Promoter or its affiliates in connection with the Promotion or the Offer (whether contractual or non-contractual), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- The Promoter of this Promotion is Uber B.V., of Vijzelstraat 68-78, 1017 HL Amsterdam, Netherlands and DesignMyNight, WFL Media LTD of Ground Floor, PG03, 23-28 Penn Street, London N15DL.
We are proud to announce plans to expand the number of fully electric vehicles available on our app in London. These plans build on our existing efforts to help tackle air pollution in the capital. Already more than 60 per cent of Uber journey miles in London take place in hybrid cars and shared journeys […]