Uber goes West! Berkshire, your Uber has arrived.
Windsor Castle, The Office, The Queen, Uber. What do these things have in common? They all call Berkshire home!
From today, Maidenhead, Windsor and Slough are able to add safe, reliable rides to their list of accolades.
So whether you’ve just caught the changing of the guards or you’re watching the olympic rowers in oar (Geddit?) they’ll now be the chance to find your own driver at the touch of the button – whenever you need it!
Enjoy £15 off your first ride, enter promo code: SWM15
Here’s how to request a car:
- Position the pin on the map where you are and tap ‘request’ – you’ll see your driver’s information and can watch as the car approaches
- Your driver comes to you. Their name, photo and registration details will appear in the app, so you’ll know who your driver is before you get in the car. We’ll alert you when your driver arrives and you can get in touch at any point
Better yet, there’s no need to swing by a cash point; every trip is charged straight to your card! Your receipt will be emailed to you as soon as the trip ends so you’ll always be able to keep track of your spending. Need to hear more?:
- You can also Share your ETA to let the folks at home know when you’ll be arriving*
- Saving up for summer? Use the in-app fare estimator before you ride
- Got that one friend who never pays you back? We thought of that too: split the fare cashlessly with up to four friends and say toodle-oo to IOUs*
Don’t forget the age old rule – the early bird catches the worm, and in this case the first riders will grab themselves some exclusive swag bags!* In these initial weeks we will be working hard to get plenty of cars on the road so if you can’t get a car first time round – keep trying!
If you fancy dropping us a line then you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @UberUK.
Get requesting folks!
*Limited supply, Uber does not guarantee availability and is not liable for lack of availability of any swag bags or promotional goods; Uber reserves the right to cancel or terminate the promotion, including the award of swag bags, early and without notice. *Share my ETA text charged at your usual rate. You may incur a small card charge to split the fare with each additional person.
London, who’s hungry? Introducing UberEATS!
UberEATS is our new food delivery platform, which makes ordering fantastic meals from your favourite local London restaurants as easy as requesting a ride.
We are proud to announce plans to expand the number of fully electric vehicles available on our app in London. These plans build on our existing efforts to help tackle air pollution in the capital. Already more than 60 per cent of Uber journey miles in London take place in hybrid cars and shared journeys […]