Festive promo codes – Terms & Conditions
- The Festive Promo Code promotion (the “Promotion”) will begin at 00:01 on 23 November 2015 and end at 23:59 on 31 December 2015.
To participate in the Promotion:
a. you must request your personal referral code (the “Code”) by following the instructions in the Promotion email before the 18 December 2015;
b. you must share your Code with someone you know who does not have an Uber account (each a “Referred Rider”);
d. each Referred Rider must redeem the Code, by entering the Code in the Uber app and complete a ride before 1 January 2016 (“Redeem the Code”).
2. Each Referred Rider that Redeems the Code will automatically get up to £15 off (the “Discount”) their first trip using the Uber service. The terms and conditions that apply to the Code and the Discount are set out in paragraphs 4 to 10 below.
3. There is no limit to the number of times you refer the Code. For every five (5) of your Referred Riders that successfully Redeem the Code, you will receive £25 credit (the “Credit”) to your Uber account. If you are eligible for the Credit, you will be contacted in January 2016 to explain how you can access your Credit.
4. Successful redemption of the Code by your Referred Riders is subject to the availability of Uber partner drivers.
5. The Code is valid from 23/11/2015 through to 31 December 2015 (inclusive).
6. If your Referred Rider’s Discount is applied to a ride that costs less than £15, the remaining value cannot be rolled-over.
7. The Promotion applies to rides taken in the UK only.
8. The Code is not valid for use on the UberTAXI product.
9. The Code, Discount and Credit cannot be transferred, duplicated or sold and no cash alternative is offered.
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility if a Referred Rider does not successfully Redeem the Code due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
11. The Discount and the Credit may be subject to certain restrictions.
12. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Promotion, errors in processing the Promotion, identifying participants eligible for the Credit or in the delivery of the Discount or Credit.
13. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
14. Third party terms and conditions apply to any part of the Promotion where applicable.
15. You are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse the Credit to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions. Extensions of deadlines are not permitted at any time.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
17.Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a participator accept any liability (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential) for any loss, damage, personal injury or death arising out of or in connection with any participant’s participation in the Promotion or taking up the Credit, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not the Promoter or its affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such loss, damage, personal injury or death. Your statutory rights are not affected.
18. Personal data supplied during the course of this Promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Discount or the Credit.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to modify and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time during the Promotion period.
20. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision, or part thereof, of these Terms and Conditions will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision or part thereof. In the event that any provision, or part thereof, of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions, or parts thereof, will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of that term or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions.
21. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in the Promotion–related materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion.
22. Except where prohibited by law, participants agree that any dispute, conflict or controversy, howsoever arising out of or broadly in connection with or relating to the Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be first mandatorily submitted to settlement proceedings under the International Chamber of Commerce Mediation Rules (ICC Mediation Rules). If the said dispute has not been settled within 60 (sixty) days after a request for Mediation has been submitted under the said ICC Mediation Rules, such dispute shall be exclusively and finally resolved by arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC Arbitration Rules). The ICC Rules’ Emergency Arbitrator provisions are excluded. The dispute shall be resolved by one arbitrator to be appointed in accordance with the ICC Rules. The place of arbitration shall be Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
23. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of you and the Promoter or its affiliates in connection with the Promotion (whether contractual or non-contractual), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
24. The Promoter of this Promotion is Uber B.V., of Vijzelstraat 68-78, 1017 HL Amsterdam, Netherlands.
We are proud to announce plans to expand the number of fully electric vehicles available on our app in London. These plans build on our existing efforts to help tackle air pollution in the capital. Already more than 60 per cent of Uber journey miles in London take place in hybrid cars and shared journeys […]