What’s the Uber cancellation policy? It’s a question we get a lot! You will be charged a £10 cancellation fee if you cancel more than 5 minutes after your driver has been assigned.
- Simplicity – Peace of mind, knowing you have 5 minutes to cancel in case something comes up.
- Fairness – Drivers make a commitment to come to you after they accept a trip request and it costs them time and money to get to your location. After more than 5 minutes, it’s only fair that drivers are compensated for the time spent.
- A Better Uber – When riders cancel frequently, drivers feel burned and are less likely to accept pickups. This leads to drivers rejecting longer pickups or calling clients to make sure that they want a pickup. Uber is efficient and elegant transportation, unnecessary phone calls and rejected pickups are not Uber!
The fine print:
- If you cancel within 5 minutes, you won’t be charged.
- If you tap the cancel button after 5 minutes, we will let you know that a £10 fee will apply if you confirm the cancellation.
- If for any reason your driver takes too long to get to you (has arrived 5 minutes over the original ETA) then we will happily waive the cancellation charge.
- If you are not at the pickup location or your driver cannot get in touch with you 5 minutes after arriving, our £10 cancellation fee will still apply.
So be sure to cancel as soon as possible to avoid a charge and more importantly, maintain the Uber equilibrium of happy riders and happy drivers. If you want to dispute a charge, just reply to your email receipt and we’ll look into it!
Give the gift of Uber. Today we are excited to announce the launch of Uber gift cards for the first time in the UK. Whether it’s a birthday present for that friend who has everything, a little something for travel lovers to explore cities, or a treat for food lovers – the Uber gift card […]
We are proud to announce plans to expand the number of fully electric vehicles available on our app in London. These plans build on our existing efforts to help tackle air pollution in the capital. Already more than 60 per cent of Uber journey miles in London take place in hybrid cars and shared journeys […]