It’s official, Australia loves #UberKITTENS
The fur has settled and we’re still recovering from the cuteness that was #UberKITTENS. Six cities, four hours, four amazing animal shelters and lots of “Awwwws!” – Australia went crazy for UberKITTENS!
Our furry friends brought some pro-cat-stination to businesses, homes and newsrooms grabbing attention and stealing hearts while raising funds and awareness for the desperate need for pet adoption. Check out all of the adorable fun. Over 100 kitten visits took place nationally and we couldn’t keep up with the overwhelming demand – you weren’t kitten around!
Some of the highlights from UberKITTENS:
- All shelters saw an increase in web traffic, online donations and social followers as a result of #UberKITTENS
- Brisbane are the most generous cat lovers, raising almost double the donations than any other city
- The fluffy balls of purrrfection were stars on every major TV channel
- #UberKITTENS was trending on Twitter with over 3,200 mentions across the day
- Over 2,000 #UberKITTENS pics were shared on Instagram – breaking the internet for a cause!
22 kittens were adopted during #UberKITTENS.
Over $15,000 was raised for participating shelters.
Even though UberKITTENS is over for 2015, you can still cuddle for a cause! Visit your local animal shelter to cuddle, adopt, donate or even volunteer. The time is meow!
Thank you to everybody who requested, donated and participated. Thank you especially, to the amazing shelters who made it all possible and for the incredible work you do.
– The #UberKITTENS Team (and our furry friends)