What to Expect When You Ride
Last updated: 7 Dec 2015
November 2013, a report emerged about alleged misconduct by a driver who utilizes the uberX platform in San Francisco. We take accusations of this nature very seriously and expect both riders and drivers to behave in a respectful manner. Given questions that arose, we felt it was important to provide some information about what you should expect when you request a ride with our app.
- Every Uber driver-partner must undergo a screening process, including a driving and criminal history check, before being able to access the platform.
- Even before pickup, you are given your driver’s name, photo, car type, and license plate number, so that you can make sure you’re getting in the right car with the right driver.
- You are able to call your driver through the app using an anonymized phone number. That way, you can talk to your driver without ever sharing your personal contact information.
- Uber regularly reviews all rider ratings and driver feedback to ensure that we allow high quality, highly rated transportation providers and drivers to use our app and receive requests from users.
- Every Uber receipt includes your driver’s name and photo, your exact route and timeline, as well as your average speed and distance. Your receipt is your detailed guide to your Uber trip.
- We actively seek feedback on every ride, and take this feedback very seriously when evaluating our driver partnerships.
- If you ever have any questions about the route, if you left something in the car, or if you feel that something’s not right, your Uber Community Managers are standing by to help.
We are committed to the safety of riders and drivers using the Uber platform — and on the rare occasion that an incident between a Uber partner and passenger leads to action by law enforcement, we are cooperative with the investigation.
Authorities that responded to the November 2013 incident determined that no action was necessary. However, as a precaution we suspended the account of the driver, and a short time later removed him from the Uber platform entirely.
As described above, using Uber’s technology adds additional layers of safety and security to getting a ride and we hope that the accountability and transparency that our service brings to transportation makes San Francisco better and safer.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.