Uber Nashville Referral Challenge
Official Terms and Conditions
Sponsored by Uber Technologies, Inc.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS REFERRAL CHALLENGE DURING THE CHALLENGE PERIOD, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT. SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES FROM YOU TO THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Uber Technologies, Inc. (“Uber”) is offering the “Uber Referral Challenge Program” (the “Challenge”). The Challenge is subject to these official rules (the “Official Rules”), and by participating, you (“Participant”) agree to be bound by them and the decisions of Uber, which are final and binding in all respects.
1. Eligibility: The Challenge is open to all persons who are authorized Uber Driver Partners (as defined below) on the Uber technology platform (the “Uber Platform”) in the State of Tennessee during the Challenge Period. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Employees, officers and representatives, and the immediate family members of such employees, officers and representatives (i.e., parent, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) of Uber and each of their affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfillment of the Challenge (the “Challenge Entities”) are not eligible to enter.
3. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize (the “Prize”) is available and will be awarded to the respective Winner (defined below) of the Challenge. The Prize consists of a 2015 Toyota Prius C (ARV: $20,590). If for any reason the Prize, or any part of the Prize, is unavailable for any reason, Uber reserves the right to modify the Challenge in its sole discretion and award a substitute prize, or portion of prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by the Winner. Uber and the Challenge Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prize. In the event a potential Winner cannot accept the Prize, an alternate Winner will be determined among Driver Partners with eligible entries on the same basis as the potential Winner was determined. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prize are solely Winner’s responsibility, including, but not limited to, tax, license, registration, insurance and any all other costs and expenses. The Prize is provided “as is”. Participants acknowledge that Uber and the Challenge Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including any implied warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose. Any prizes pictured in advertising and other Challenge materials are for illustrative purposes only. The value of the Prize will be taxable to the Winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 and W9 will be issued in the name of the Winner for the actual value of the Prize awarded. All U.S. federal, state and local tax liability, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility (regardless of whether the prize, in whole or in part, is used).
4. Winner Selection and Notification: The “Winner” will be chosen based on the number of eligible entries received. Each Uber Driver Partner will receive one (1) entry for each qualified Referral such Driver Partner makes during the Challenge Period. There is no limit on how many entries each Uber Driver Partner may receive during the Challenge Period. On a date to be determined by Uber (but in no event later than seven (7) days from the end of the Challenge Period, the “Winner” of the Challenge will be randomly selected from the total number of eligible entries. Uber will notify the Winner within two (2) business days of the drawing by email (at the email address provided by the Winner) or by phone (at the phone number provided by the Winner). Additionally, Uber and the Challenge Entities reserve the right to make a public announcement announcing the Winner through the Uber app or in any manner that they deem appropriate. If a Winner of a Prize cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted and/or fails to respond to confirm his/her email address within two (2) business days from when the initial notification email is sent, or the Prize or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the Winner forfeits the Prize and an alternate Winner may be selected by Uber among remaining Driver Partners with eligible entries. If the alternate Winner does not comply with these Official Rules or is otherwise unable to accept the Prize, the Prize is forfeited and another alternate Winner will be selected by Uber among Driver Partners with eligible entries. This Winner selection and notification process shall be continued until a Winner for each Prize is confirmed.
5. Winner Verification: The Winner of any Prize (or any alternate Winner if one must be selected) is not official and shall not be confirmed as the Winner until he/she has completed, signed and returned documentation required by Uber — which may include an Affidavit of Eligibility, release of liability, (except where prohibited) publicity release form, and a completed IRS W-9 form, and the eligibility of the potential Winner has been verified. Forms must be received within five (5) days after notification of winning. If the Winner (or any alternate Winner) does not complete all forms necessary within the time given and/or in the event of non-compliance by the Winner (or alternate Winner), such Winner (or alternate Winner) shall be disqualified and shall forfeit the prize, and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate Winner will be determined as provided herein. Provided that the Winner is in compliance with these Official Rules and after having successfully proven eligibility, the Winner will be officially confirmed as the Winner. Uber expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for any reason it deems necessary. In addition, Uber reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that any Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
6. Liability Release and Indemnity: Each Prize is offered and provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee by Uber, either express or implied. By participating in the Challenge, the Winner acknowledges that Uber and/or the Challenge Entities have not and will not obtain or provide automotive or other insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that the Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the Prize required by law or that the Winner otherwise deems appropriate. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL UBER BE LIABLE TO PARTICIPANT FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT UBER AND/OR OTHER CHALLENGE ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. By entering the Challenge, Participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, Uber and any other Challenge Entities from any and all liability, for any claims, damages, injuries or losses of any kind, and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding arising out of, in connection with, or relating to, (i) participation in the Challenge, (ii) without limitation, death, or property damage, arising directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize, (iii) defamation, violation of publicity rights, or invasion of privacy in connection with the Challenge or acceptance and use or the Prize, and (iv) copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property-related cause of action arising from or related to the Challenge, the Prize, or Uber’s advertising and marketing related to the Challenge, Participants or the Winner, in all cases, including but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Challenge; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Challenge or the processing of referrals; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property (including to any computer systems resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Challenge), which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Challenge or receipt or use of any prize. Participant assumes all liability for an injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Challenge, or the acceptance, receipt, or use of the Prize or any Prize component. Participant further agrees that in any cause of action, Uber and/or the Challenge Entities’ liability will be limited to the value of the Prize, and in no event shall the Challenge Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Uber and the Challenge Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify referrals that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, altered, tampered with, unauthorized, fraudulent, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not delivered, not received, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Challenge, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in the Challenge related advertisements. Uber and the Challenge Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Challenge, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winner, in the announcement of the Prize and Winner, the delivery of the Prize, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site including uber.com, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation in, uploading any materials or downloading any materials in the Challenge. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any referrals received by such means will be void. Uber reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person it suspects or finds (i) to have tampered with the administrative process or the operation of the Challenge; (ii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iii) to display behavior that will bring such Winner, Uber or the Challenge Entities into disgrace; (iv) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the Challenge; or (v) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CHALLENGE AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Grant of Rights. Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Challenge and/or winning the Prize, Participant irrevocably consents to the use of his or her name, image, photograph, likeness, biographical information, entry, statements attributed to Participant (if true) and any video footage related to the Prize, for all Challenge Entities’ advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes in all media now or hereafter known, worldwide and in perpetuity without additional compensation and additionally consents to the Challenge Entities putting his or her name on a winner’s list. Please note that Uber may not acknowledge or return any entries.
10. Binding Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, Participant agrees that: (1) ANY DISPUTE, CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CHALLENGE OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Challenge or any prize awarded shall be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect; (3) any arbitration shall be heard by one arbitrator to be selected in accordance with the AAA Rules, in San Francisco County, California; (4) unless both Participant and Uber agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of class or representative proceeding; (5) judgment upon any award rendered may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof; and (6) any award or judgment shall be subject to all limitations and releases set forth in these Official Rules and be limited to actual out of pocket damages, and shall not, in any event, include any punitive, exemplary, consequential or incidental damages, attorney’s fees or costs of bringing a claim, or any injunctive or other equitable relief. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. Governing Law: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Uber in connection with the Challenge, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the California law without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
12. Request for Name of Winner and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of these Official Rules and for the name of the Winner must be made by July 15. 2015. For the name of the Winner and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked to Uber Referral Challenge – Nashville, 1455 Market St., Suite 400, San Francisco, California 94107, Attn: Kelly Rodriguez; and (ii) write “Winners’ Names” and/or “Official Rules” on the lower left hand corner of the envelope.
13. Sponsored and Administered by: This Challenge is sponsored and administered by Uber Technologies, Inc., 1455 Market Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94103.
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.