Uber JHB/PTA Vehicle Requirements, ApProval and Driver Interviews
In a continued effort to improve the vehicle requirements, inspection and the driver sign-up process, please adhere to the following steps:
Please note the following updates to all vehicle requirements.
|Vehicle Class||Status||Vehicle Age||Vehicle Width||Vehicle Options|
|UberBLACK||Closed||2012 or Newer||1700mm||Audi, BMW or Mercedes Sedan|
|UberX||Open||2012 or Newer||1700mm||Toyota Corolla/Quest, Hyundai Accent/Elantra, Kia Rio, Honda Ballade, Nissan Almera|
|UberVAN||Open||2012 or Newer||1700mm||Hyundai H1, VW T5 or Mercedes Vito|
UberX Note: We cannot accept Etios/Ikon/Vivo/Aveo vehicle applications.
Vehicle life expectations: We hope each vehicle will have a minimum life of 1-2 years on the platform. Based on current experience, a vehicle generally becomes unfit in year 4 or 5, e.g. a 2012 vehicle will have until 2016 or 2017 to operate, dependent on vehicle quality and rider experience.
If your vehicle is not on the above list above, please visit help.uber.com to enquire.
For all Operating License applications see: t.uber.com/jhb_oplicense.
Uber have partnered with DEKRA to ensure that you can now have your Vehicle inspected any day of the week, at your convenience. From 1 June, all vehicle inspections will be completed at the below venue, whereafter you will receive an “Uber Vehicle Inspection” report which you will be required to upload to your Uber profile at partners.uber.com. We are rolling this out to DEKRA’s across the province over the coming month and will update this list once this has been confirmed
|DEKRA||Randburg: Bordeaux Dr & St Andrews Ave, Johannesburg, 2194||011 781 0366||R150 (Ex VAT)|
To book an appointment for your Uber driver interview and criminal background check, please adhere to the following steps:
1. Create your and your driver profile at partners.uber.com
2. Make a booking for your driver at www.bookwhen.com/uberjhb.
– Submit the Driver’s cellphone number as the reference number
3. Before the Driver attends the interview, held at UBERs offices, ensure they have sufficient street and city knowledge of JHB and PTA. See the following video for tips on this: http://youtu.be/c5WJAjFuhhQ”>https://youtu.be/c5WJAjFuhhQ
4. When attending the Interview and Background Check, ensure the driver brings their valid RSA PrDP, and is dressed professionally
5. If the Driver passes the Interview and has a clear criminal history they will be invited to the next training date, where after they and the vehicle will be activated if all vehicle documents have been approved.
We are aware of the delay in obtaining a Driver interview and background check date and will endeavor to assist where we can or where bookings are cancelled. Email the office with questions on this and we will do our best to accommodate you.
If you don’t have a driver, visit: t.uber.com/jhb_drivers. We endeavor to identify drivers and upload this list realtime. We are looking at other driver sourcing platforms and will update this when completed.
Driver Release Forms
If you are looking to hire an existing Uber Driver who is currently working for another Partner or is on their Profile, please note Uber requires the following to be in place:
1. In all instances, the driver must have a Driver Release Form signed: t.uber.com/jhb_release
2. Where the Driver is unable to get this signed, Uber will resort to the terms and conditions detailed on the Drivers employment document
3. If there is no document, the driver must submit their resignation to the Employer in writing (SMS/Email). Uber will move the drivers profile with the exception that if the Employer contacts Uber within 7 days, the Driver’s profile will be temporarily suspended until the situation is resolved
Please note that Ubers primary responsibility is to manage and grow the marketplace and our objective is not to manage employment issues – please ensure you exhaust all professional steps prior to employment decisions and offers.
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Send us through an email!
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.