Uber and Goodwill® Make Spring Cleaning Easy
Spring has sprung, and it’s officially the time of year for cleaning out closets. In the spirit of the season, we are once again teaming up with our friends at Goodwill® and other local charities to make donating clothing quick and convenient.
#UberSpringCleaning – Clean out your closets and
let Uber take care of the rest
This Saturday, May 2, with the touch of a button, a driver will come to your house, pickup bags of clothing and deliver them directly to a local donation center — all for free!
Building on the success of our previous partnerships in the New York, Boston and San Francisco areas, this year Goodwill and Uber will work together in more than 50 cities across the U.S. In addition, Uber will partner with local charities to collect donations in several other cities including Amsterdam, Doha, St. Petersburg and Stockholm.
We are excited that Uber is so significantly expanding its partnership with the Goodwill. Thanks to the generosity of our neighbors and friends, and Uber’s continued commitment to helping more people achieve economic independence, Goodwill will be able to make an even greater impact in local communities.
— Kim Zimmer, Chief Marketing Officer of Goodwill
HOW IT WORKS:
- Bag up your clothing such as jackets, shirts, pants, blouses and any other items of clothing you’re willing to donate.
- Open your Uber app on Saturday, May 2.
- Request ‘GIVE’ at the bottom of the screen.
- An SUV will arrive to pick up your items and drop-off your donation to a local Goodwill free of charge.
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation
- Please keep in mind drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended, so we ask that you bring your bagged clothing out to meet your driver when they arrive.
- #UberSpringCleaning will be in high demand so please be patient!
- Select your city below for more information.
Participating US Cities
|The Hague||Utrecht||São Paulo|
If you’ve already cleaned out your closet or if the promotion isn’t happening in your hometown, you can still help your local Goodwill® by finding your nearest donation center here.
Goodwill helps people find jobs, earn paychecks, build their careers, support their families and build stronger communities. Together, as a community, we’re helping Goodwill put people in your community back to work. Read the personal stories of people Goodwill has helped through your donations: http://www.goodwill.org/my-story/.
We hope you join us on Saturday!