Rider Pro Tips
In the UAE, more people than ever are using Uber to get where they need to go. Check out the Uber Pro Tips below to learn how to move around the city like an expert and ensure your rider experience is 5 stars from start to finish.
Our highest priority is connecting riders to a safe, reliable ride on the road. Our technology is designed to bring accountability and transparency to every ride so you can always feel safe taking an Uber.
Follow these tips to ensure a 5-Star Uber experience:
- Confirm you’re getting in the right Uber. Double check the license plate number matches the car’s plate and photo matches the driver. Confirm your driver’s name and tell him your name.
- Need to contact your driver? Tap the “up arrow” next to the driver info and select “Contact Driver” to call or text your driver.
- Share your journey in real time. Use the “Share My ETA” feature to send your friends or family a map of your route and expected time of arrival.
- Provide feedback. Our feedback loop asks riders to rate every trip. We use that information to evaluate our driver partners.
- Detailed receipts. Every Uber receipt includes your driver’s name, photo and route information from pickup to drop off. Your receipt is your detailed guide to your trip. Additional questions? Just click the ‘Support’ tab in the app or reply to your receipt and a member of our support team will follow up shortly!
And don’t forget:
- Make sure to buckle up!
- Please refrain from asking your driver to pick you up or drop you off in areas where pickup/drop-off parking is not permitted.
- Have more than 4 passengers? Request an UberXL, with room for up to 6 passengers.
- Remember, Uber is a smoke-free ride.
Don’t be that guy/gal. Respect your Uber.
- Has your driver arrived? Don’t make your driver wait too long. Remember, drivers’ time is valuable too and they are more than happy to help you as soon as they accept your request.
- Be respectful of your drivers. Despite the dubious Dubai traffic, they work hard to give you 5 star service to get you to where you want to go. Raising your voice or using strong language is not very Uber.
- If you are thinking of bringing a pet when you ride, make sure to get the driver’s permission first.
- Help keep your driver’s vehicle clean. Put yourself in the shoes of the next rider.
- No drinking, smoking or illegal substances in the car. Period.
- Riding Uber means there’s no need to pay cash! When you get to your destination, you can simply hop out and be on your way.
- Rate your driver based on your driver’s performance and quality of service. Drivers do not control the fare. If you have a question, reply to your receipt directly in the Uber app and we’ll be happy to review your fare!
PERFECT YOUR PICK-UP
- Double-check your pick-up location on the map in the Uber app before hitting the ‘Request’ button. Pinning your location properly will save both you AND the driver valuable time so you can get going sooner. When in large buildings, try your best to drop the pin near the street where you’ll be waiting.
- Request your ride only when you’re ready to go.
Choice is important; that’s why you can use cash or credit cards to pay for Uber rides.
How to choose payment option in the Uber app:
To select a payment method before requesting a trip:
- Set your pickup location
- Tap the displayed payment method
You may also switch credit card payment method at any point before your trip comes to an end:
- Tap the arrow next to your driver’s information
- Select “Change Payment”
Please note that available credit in your account will automatically be applied to your next trip. If you’d prefer not to use credit for your trip, you can use the credits toggle to disable their use.
FARE SPLITTING = FAIR SPLITTING
Splitting the dinner bill with your friends is complicated. Sharing the ride home isn’t!
How to split your fare once you’ve requested a ride:
- Tap the “up arrow” next to your driver’s info and select “Split Fare”.
- Select the friends you’re riding with and tap “Send”.
- Your Uber-savvy friends will receive a message and taken directly to the app to confirm.
- Your friends without Uber will be asked to download the app, sign up, and confirm their share of the ride.
AVOID SURGE PRICING
Our goal is to be a reliable ride on the road and sometimes we see such high demand that the number of available cars gets tight. During this time, surge pricing will automatically go into effect to encourage more drivers to get out on the road. As demand goes down and more cars free up, the rates will go back to normal.
No surprises when you estimate your fare. Surprises aren’t for everyone. That’s why we’ll always notify you in BIG, BOLD print if surge pricing is in effect and ask you to manually type in the higher multiple before you can request a ride. Enter your drop off location and tap “Fare Quote” to get an estimate of the cost of your ride.
USING PROMO CODES
Save on your Uber ride by applying a promo code when available. To unlock a promo code, enter it into your Uber account before you request a ride:
- Tap the “My Account” button in the top left of your Uber app
- Tap the “Promotion” option
- Enter your promo code
SHARE YOUR ETA
Running late for dinner? Arriving from the airport? Share your ETA with friends and family to allow them to follow your ride home in real time.
1. After your ride starts, tap ‘SHARE ETA’
2. Select friends and family to share your ETA with from your contacts
3. They will receive a link to your live trip map via text message and be able to follow your progress until your ride ends.
GET IN TOUCH
Forgot something? Have a question about your fare? Whatever the reason, getting in touch with our support team is easy. You can reach out at t.uber.com/contact, or directly via the Uber app by tapping the ‘Help’ option in the menu.
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.