Peace Of Mind When Your Family Is On The Go
Whether you have a spouse traveling for work, a daughter heading home from college, or a parent going to a doctor’s appointment — ensuring your loved ones are taken care of when you’re not together extends beyond just covering the cost of a ride. That’s why we’re taking Family Profiles one step further with Trip Tracker, a feature that provides automatic notifications and the ability to follow along on the map whenever someone is riding under your Family Profile.
At Uber, we are constantly looking for new ways to use technology to improve safety for riders and drivers. Trip Tracker uses sophisticated technology to bring you peace of mind while your nearest and dearest ride on Uber. So, the next time one of your family members is headed out – you’ll know when they are on their way, which route they are taking and when they’ve arrived.
Here’s how it works:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Uber app.
- Set up your Family Profile.
- When one of your members takes a ride with Uber under the Family Profile, you’ll be automatically notified with their trip details.
- You can follow the trip’s progress live on the map within your own Uber app.
- The cost of the ride is automatically billed to you and you will both receive a copy of the receipt.
Family Profiles are now available to riders around the world. No matter which city your loved ones are riding in – Trip Tracker helps you stay in the know when your group is on the go.