Traveling to Palm Springs International Airport
Many travelers love flying in and out of Palm Springs International Airport because of its small size and open-air layout. This airport features an outdoor courtyard with patio seating, play areas for kids and pets, and artwork by glass artist Dale Chihuly.
Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) has long been a sleepy airport but recently has seen an increase in its bookings in and out of the airport. Palm Springs is now a year-round destination, and bookings are up 334 percent, according to Airbnb. Palms Springs is ranked third among Airbnb’s 10 fastest growing U.S. destinations.
Lucky for you, PSP continues to be traveler-friendly. In fact, SmarterTravel.com named PSP one of the 10 most stress-free U.S. airports.
Here we offer some helpful information to make your travel to and from Palm Springs International Airport even easier.
Before You Fly:
- Uber airport pages: Our airport pages offer all the information needed about requesting an Uber at Palm Springs International Airport.
- Check driving times and traffic conditions: Tune into 94.3 Knews for up-to-date traffic conditions or check road conditions via Google Maps.
- Wait times: Check security wait times via the TSA website.
- Review security guidelines: Avoid unexpected delays through airport security by reviewing the TSA guidelines.
Arriving and Departing:
- Choose your Uber: At this time, UberX pickups are not available at PSP. However, riders can request either an UberBlack or UberSUV for pick up and passengers being dropped off at the airport can request an UberX.
- Waiting zone for visitors: The Park & Call Cell Lot allows visitors to park for free and wait in their vehicles for any arriving passengers. The lot is located off Kirk Douglas Parkway.
- Busy times: With only two runways and 10 airlines servicing this airport, PSP can seem sleepy at times. It is busiest in the winter months and less crowded during the hot summer months when temperatures can rise to over 100 degrees.
- Know your terminal:There is only one terminal, two concourses, and 20 gates. Check out this terminal map for more information.
- Navigators show the way: Travelers needing assistance with ground transportation, meeting up with family and friends, or finding their way around Palm Springs and the Coachella Valley can ask one of the many Volunteer Airport Navigators for help. Look for their distinctive teal blue or yellow shirt with “Navigator” across the back.
- Best wine bar: Visit California Vintages, located just past security. Fodors.com named it one of the eight best airport wine bars. In addition to outdoor seating, the bar offers 10 different wines—mostly from California—poured by the glass. Bottles to take home are also available.
- Get a caffeine fix: There are two Starbucks Coffee locations—one in the main terminal before security and another in the courtyard area beyond the Security Checkpoint.
- Save some money: The cheapest fare into Palm Springs International airport are during the summer months, particularly July and August. Fare are highest during peak times such as January (Palm Springs International Film Festival), February (Modernism Week) and April (Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival and Stagecoach Country Music Festival).
- Fly like a celebrity: Flights leaving from gates 12-20 depart from the tarmac. Passengers board and depart using ramps and airstairs just like celebrities.
- Local trivia: The airport was originally built as a United States Army Air Corps emergency landing field in 1939.
- Best bars and restaurants: Wondering where the locals grab a drink and food? Uber used anonymized trip data to gather the top 10 most visited bars and restaurants in the area.
In September, we introduced the world’s first Self-Driving Ubers to the Steel City. Three months later, we’re bringing Volvo XC90s to San Francisco. We’re incredibly excited to work with Volvo to pair our state-of-the-art self-driving technology with Volvo’s outstanding vehicle development and core safety capabilities. Starting today, riders who request an uberX in San Francisco […]
Today we announced we’re collaborating with Disney on an activation that transforms the Uber rider app into a themed Rogue One: A Star Wars Story experience. The in-app experience, which Uber riders can opt-into, will unlock special Rogue One: A Star Wars Story features as well as access to exclusive video content. Uber riders in […]
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.