Traveling to Los Angeles International Airport
Traveling to and from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) can be a little overwhelming. Of course overcoming any great obstacle takes time and patience, but with the right resources at your fingertips, drivers can help their riders navigate and conquer the beast that is LAX . Putting some of these best practices to use will make for an all around pleasant and effortless trip for your riders.
Here is a list of tips and resources for picking up or dropping off at LAX:
Resources for LAX
- Real time flight status: Stay current on all flights arriving and departing from LAX by checking their flight status.
- LAX terminal maps: Because there are over 70 airlines operating out of LAX, it would be a good idea to familiarize yourself with a map of the terminals.
- Traffic alerts: It’s no secret that traffic and congestion in LA is some of the worst in the country. Be sure to stay up to date on all traffic alerts. You can also try using Google Maps to avoid jams on the road and find alternative routes to the airport.
- Airport info: You can get alerts and updates from LAX by following their Twitter account.
- Dropping off and picking up: Curbside drop off is permitted, but don’t linger as waiting and parking are strictly prohibited. Additionally, you can only drop riders off at the upper departure levels.
- Rules and regulations: Here’s a useful video that will help you get acquainted with the rules and regulations of picking up and dropping off at LAX.
- Busy times: LAX is typically at its busiest when a majority of their flights are scheduled. 6:30 am to 9:00 am, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm, and 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm tend to be the peak travels periods at LAX.
- Know the shortcuts: Getting around LAX can be a hassle. Thankfully, the airport has you covered with their helpful site on tips and shortcuts. Don’t skip out on these, as you could save your rider valuable time if there’s congestion around the airport.
Once you’ve picked up your rider, they might want to know where they should visit during their stay in Los Angeles.
Recommended Destination Tips
- Universal Studios: Who doesn’t want to go see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter or the old clock tower from Back to the Future at Universal Studios? But if rides aren’t their thing, they can always find great shopping and dining at Universal City Walk.
- The Original Farmers Market at The Grove: With over 100 food vendors and specialty grocers, the Original Farmers Market at The Grove houses a dizzying array of cuisines and local favorites . From donuts to sushi, you’ll find it all here at this cultural and national landmark. You can even take a tasting tour!
- Upright Citizens Brigade: Since 2005, LA’s branch of the Upright Citizens Brigade theater has displayed some of the cities finest comedy and improv. As a bonus, it’s one of the cheapest dates around, as shows are an extremely affordable $5 to $10 dollars.
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.