Traveling to Los Angeles International Airport
Traveling to and from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) can be a little overwhelming. Of course overcoming any great obstacle takes time and patience, but with the right resources at your fingertips, drivers can help their riders navigate and conquer the beast that is LAX . Putting some of these best practices to use will make for an all around pleasant and effortless trip for your riders.
Here is a list of tips and resources for picking up or dropping off at LAX:
Resources for LAX
- Real time flight status: Stay current on all flights arriving and departing from LAX by checking their flight status.
- LAX terminal maps: Because there are over 70 airlines operating out of LAX, it would be a good idea to familiarize yourself with a map of the terminals.
- Traffic alerts: It’s no secret that traffic and congestion in LA is some of the worst in the country. Be sure to stay up to date on all traffic alerts. You can also try using Google Maps to avoid jams on the road and find alternative routes to the airport.
- Airport info: You can get alerts and updates from LAX by following their Twitter account.
- Dropping off and picking up: Curbside drop off is permitted, but don’t linger as waiting and parking are strictly prohibited. Additionally, you can only drop riders off at the upper departure levels.
- Rules and regulations: Here’s a useful video that will help you get acquainted with the rules and regulations of picking up and dropping off at LAX.
- Busy times: LAX is typically at its busiest when a majority of their flights are scheduled. 6:30 am to 9:00 am, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm, and 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm tend to be the peak travels periods at LAX.
- Know the shortcuts: Getting around LAX can be a hassle. Thankfully, the airport has you covered with their helpful site on tips and shortcuts. Don’t skip out on these, as you could save your rider valuable time if there’s congestion around the airport.
Once you’ve picked up your rider, they might want to know where they should visit during their stay in Los Angeles.
Recommended Destination Tips
- Universal Studios: Who doesn’t want to go see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter or the old clock tower from Back to the Future at Universal Studios? But if rides aren’t their thing, they can always find great shopping and dining at Universal City Walk.
- The Original Farmers Market at The Grove: With over 100 food vendors and specialty grocers, the Original Farmers Market at The Grove houses a dizzying array of cuisines and local favorites . From donuts to sushi, you’ll find it all here at this cultural and national landmark. You can even take a tasting tour!
- Upright Citizens Brigade: Since 2005, LA’s branch of the Upright Citizens Brigade theater has displayed some of the cities finest comedy and improv. As a bonus, it’s one of the cheapest dates around, as shows are an extremely affordable $5 to $10 dollars.
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.
It’s official: the Uber Driver App for iOS is now available for download in the App Store. And to celebrate, we’ve put together a list of the top 9 things you probably didn’t know about the Uber Driver App for iOS. Once you’ve taken a look, head on over to the App Store and take it for a spin.