5 tips for throwing a last-minute viewing party with UberEATS
Awards season is here—get ready for the gowns…the glamor…the guacamole. That’s right, guacamole. Or maybe you’d prefer pizza and wings. Or sushi.
Whatever you’re craving, Hollywood’s biggest nights are a great excuse for an impromptu fiesta. On the menu: local favorites, delivered fast with UberEATS.
And in case you’re a little behind on reading the latest Martha Stewart mags, here are 5 tips for throwing an award-winning, last-minute get together:
- Create a theme: Themes provide great “conversation starters” that help break the ice among guests who are meeting each other for the first time. Model yours after a nominated film or have guests dress as their favorite actor/actress.
- Plan your menu: Pick 3 or 4 dishes that are easy to share and will please all palates. Think tapas, hand-held bites, and sampler platters. If you need extra napkins, condiments or eating utensils, be sure to give us the details in the “special instructions” field on our app.
- Schedule your order: How’s this for A-list service? You can use our app to schedule your order ahead of time. Just find the food that fits your theme, pick a delivery window, and sit back and enjoy the Red Carpet.
- Dress up your dwelling: Check out your local thrift shops or discount stores for party supplies and decorations that fit your theme. Purchase an extra set of TV trays or fun bean bag chairs to make it easy for guests to enjoy their UberEATS favorites.
- Schedule rides home for your guests: After an exciting night of toasting the award winners, schedule Uber rides for friends and family to help get them home safely.
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.