This Week On uberX
PLEASE NOTE THIS ONLY APPLIES TO UBER DRIVERS IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Hope you had a great week! Earnings were highest on Saturday between 5:30-7:30pm and 11pm-1am. Many partners made over $40/hr during these hours due to SURGE trips.
It’s also been busy on Saturday and Sunday mornings, as well as weekday mornings.
Quality was also great last week. We’ve produced a new page to check out how you can improve if your rating is below 4.6. See here.
One important note: Every Uber driver partner is expected to accept service animals in their cars. It is Uber’s policy that any driver partner that refuses to transport a service animal will be deactivated from the Uber platform.
Don’t forget about our minimum fare guarantee of $24/hr during weekday mornings. See below for more :)
Also, remember you can refer your friends and family members and earn $100 for each person. See below for more. Top referrers have earned over $1500 by referring friends and family!!
As always, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drive safe, & have a great week!
MAKING EXTRA CASH!
1. Rider Referrals: Many partner drivers have been asking how they can help share the Uber love. One great way to do this is to give potential riders your OWN promotion code. You’ll also earn extra cash! When new riders enter this code into their app they receive $20 off their first ride! When they take their first trip, you’ll receive $5 cash. There’s no limit to how many riders you can refer.
Click here to find out your code and how to get started! Note: This promotion code only applies to new users only
Exclusive Uber Partner Carwash Offer
Uber has partnered with Eco Spray Carwash Cafe to offer Uber partners an incredible deal, including free coffee while you wait.
OPTION 1: Wash & vacuum – $20
OPTION 2: Wash, vacuum & interior wipe – $25
OPTION 3: Full exterior & interior wash, vacuum & wipe – $35
Please add $5 for Smaller SUV vehicles (Rav4, X-trail, etc) and $10 for Large 4wd (Prado, Mercedes GL, etc).
This offer is only available to Uber Partners and only the car being driven on Uber. Please show your Uber partner app upon arrival to take up this deal.
Eco Spray Carwash Cafe
496 Charles St
Ph: (08) 9444 4085
THIS WEEK’S INCENTIVES!
INCENTIVE 1: MORNING RUSH HOURLY GUARANTEE:
Monday – Friday: $24/hour from 5am – 9am
What does this mean?
Uber will guarantee a minimum of $24/hour in gross fares averaged over the period. As long as you meet the conditions below, you will earn at least $24/hour in gross fares.
- 90% acceptance rate in the service zone
- It is fine to accept trips outside of the service zone but when you are not in trip it is important you head back to the service zone to qualify for this incentive.
- Must complete at least 15 trips during over the whole week (between 5am – 9am)
- Must complete at least 0.6 trips per hour
- If your are positioned in the service zone you will easily reach 0.6 trips per hour
- Must not wait in the CBD
- If you end a trip in the CBD you must head out of the city to qualify for the incentive. We are missing trips in Mt. Lawley, Subiaco, Cottesloe, Scarborough. You must still remain in the service zone.
Uber Partner A is online online for 15 hours during the hours listed above, and makes $310 in fares. They also meet the conditions above. Uber’s guarantee: 15 x $24/hour = $360 in gross fares. Incentive payout: ($360 – $310) x 80% = $40
Uber Partner B is online for 8 hours during the hours listed above, and makes $240 in fares. They also meet the conditions above. Uber’s guarantee: 8 x $24/hour = $192 in gross fares. Since they earned MORE than the Uber guarantee there is no additional incentive. This is a good thing. Well done! :)
INCENTIVE 2: WEEKEND-LONG HOURLY GUARANTEE
Friday 6pm – Sunday midnight: $23/hour
That’s 54 hours over the weekend!
What does this mean?
Uber will guarantee minimum hourly earnings of $23/hr averaged over the times above. As long as you meet the conditions below, you will earn at least $23/hr in gross fares.
- 90% acceptance rate in the service zone
- It is fine to accept trips outside of the service zone, but when you are not in trip it is important you head back to the service zone to qualify for this incentive.
- Must complete at least 0.8 trips per hour.
Uber Partner A is online 20 hours over the weekend and makes $410 in fares. They also meet the conditions above. Uber’s guarantee: 20 x $23/hr = $460 in gross fares. Incentive payout: ($460 – $410) x 80% = $40
Uber Partner B is online 10 hours over the weekend and makes $280 in fares. They also meet the conditions above. Uber’s guarantee: 10 x $23/hr = $230 in gross fares. Since they earned MORE than the Uber guarantee there is no additional incentive. This is a good thing. Well done! :)
NOTE: All incentive payments will appear on your payment statement next week under Miscellaneous Items.
We will communicate next week’s incentives at the start of the week.
Open hours this week will be at 143 Hay Street (enter at rear, off Coghlan Street) Subiaco during the following times:
- Tuesday: 1:00 pm – 5pm
- Wednesday: 1:00 pm – 5pm
- Thursday: 1:00 pm – 5pm
Please do not go outside of these times as no Uber team members will be available to assist you.
PROTIP: 5 STAR SERVICE
It is incredibly important every rider experiences a 5 star ride. As discussed at onboarding, every Uber has bottles of water and mints in the car.
The most common complaints from riders include:
- Drivers not using a phone cradle (these are cheap and readily available)
- Drivers not opening doors for riders at the start and end of the trip
- No water and mints in the car
- Drivers picking up wrong riders
- Drivers not cancelling trips correctly
- If you need to cancel a trip, it is important you do NOT press begin trip and then end trip as this overcharges the rider and results in a 1 star rating! Please CLICK HERE for more information on how to cancel a trip correctly. Drivers doing the wrong thing and overcharging riders face potential suspension from Uber.
If your star rating has been dropping, here are some tips on how to get 5 stars!!
A formal quality process is already in place. Drivers with low quality scores will be contacted by Uber management.
Feel free to shoot us an email if you have any questions.
SERVICE ZONE & BEST LOCATIONS
Top earners position themselves in the following areas, at the right times:
- Mt. Lawley
- City Beach
Remember: Your location defines how many rides you get. Be smart about your location and keep in mind your car’s radius when positioning yourself.
$100 REFERRAL BONUS!
Know friends in Perth that meet all the requirements for uberX and want to drive? Well then you’re sitting on a goldmine! As long as your referral brings all their required documents to onboarding (driver’s licence, upgraded vehicle registration, vehicle insurance & proof of F or T extension), you will get a $100 referral bonus & the new driver will also receive a $100 sign up bonus!
Make sure your referral inputs your code when they sign up: Click here for more information. This is an automated process, unfortunately we are unable to manually add referral bonuses if your referral forgets to push your code in when they sign up.
Please note this only applies to partners who register a car with Uber. The referral will be paid out once 20 trips have been completed.
If you have any questions, feel free to shoot us an email to email@example.com
We’re looking forward to seeing you online!
Sam, Fletch, Jackson and the Uber Perth Team