Frequently Asked Questions Penang
PLEASE NOTE THIS ONLY APPLIES TO UBER DRIVERS IN PENANG ISLAND
1. I will like to drive for Uber, what do I need?
For the driver, you will need:
– No criminal record
– Older than 21 years old
– Not P license
For the car, it has to be:
– 4 doors
– Less than 5 year old (exceptions can be made for cars in excellent condition)
– Minimum 1.0L
– 1st Party Insurance (driver has to be the insured or a named driver)
– No pick up trucks
2. I have all of the above. I want to start!
Sign up here, select Penang as your city, and you will receive information about when and where to meet us.
Don’t forget to bring along your driving license and insurance for verification.
1. How do I receive my payments?
The fares from the week before will be added together and published in a statement every Monday. The amount will then be transferred to your account on Wed or Thu.
Please note that your bank account details need to be provided to Uber through UPLOAD BANK DETAILS for the transfer to occur successfully.
2. When and where should I come online?
We will update this page weekly to provide you with all the updates on Hotspots and Incentives.
3. What is the service area? What if rider asks me to send them to a place that is far away?
The current service area is the East Coast of Penang Island, stretching from Batu Ferringhi to Bayan Lepas. All driver-partners are strongly encouraged to standby at the service area as this is where the riders are.
If the riders request for a destination that is far away (any where further than Bukit Mertajam / Butterworth), you may choose to politely decline.
4. I travel to Kuala Lumpur very often. Can I drive there too?
To drive at Kuala Lumpur, sign up here, select Kuala Lumpur as your city, and let them know that you have been onboarded in Penang.
5. What mobile phones are suitable for the Uber Partners App?
iPhone: 4s and above
Asus: Zenfone C, Zenfone 4, Zenfone 5
Google: Nexus 5
HTC: One, One M8
Motorola: Droid Ultra
Samsung: Ace Style LTE, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S5 Mini
Xiami: All Models
6. I have an emergency! How can I contact Uber?
In the event of an emergency (i.e. accident, driver/rider is hurt or at risk of being hurt), please contact +6 012 711 0208 or +6 012 711 0928.
For any non-emergency queries (i.e. login issues, payment, cancellations), please visit help.uber.com. All replies will be within 24 hours.
A.C. and the Uber Penang Team