The Top 10 Facts You May Not Know About Uber Driver Partners
There is no “typical” driver with Uber: from Janet a retired ambulance medic, who now drives with Uber — to Keiry, an aspiring bakery owner, who drives 10-15 hours a week to put money back into her business.
Driver-partners are using the Uber platform in many different ways, from earning a full-time income to supplementing their salaries at other jobs. Drivers have complete flexibility and control over their use of the Uber app, so they can make money on their own time to meet their own unique goals.
Check Out The Top 10 facts You May Not Know About Our Driver-Partners:
1) 87% of driver-partners said that a major reason they drive on the Uber platform is to be their own boss and set their own schedule.*
2) 85% of driver-partners said that a major reason to work with Uber was to have more flexibility in their schedule and balance their work with life and family.*
3) 73% of driver-partners say they would rather have a job where they choose their own schedule and are their own boss than a steady 9-5 job with some benefits and a set salary.*
4) 65% of driver-partners changed the number of hours worked per week by more than 25% from one week to the next.*
5) 50% of U.S. Uber driver-partners, on average, drive fewer than 10 hours a week.
6) 61% of driver-partners have full-time or part-time careers outside of Uber.*
7) 1 out of 3 drivers-partners are using Uber to make extra spending money.*
8) Driver-partners are diverse:
- 71% of driver-partners have dependents living at home (children, parents, etc.)
- 25% are over the age of 50
- 19% are under the age of 30
- 14% are women
- Nearly 8% of driver-partners are veterans or from military households*
9) Driver-partners hold many different jobs, including: professional football player, university president, musician, firefighter, actress, high school teacher, graphic designer, and orphanage founder.
10) There are hundreds of thousands of drivers signing up on the platform every month, and our millionth driver-partner just took his first passenger on an Uber trip.
*This statistic is from a survey of U.S. driver-partners.
Learn more about delivery driving jobs and Uber.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.