Bangkok, UberMOTO is arriving now!
ไทย | English
Over 1,500 new cars hit the streets of Bangkok every day. That is more than double the number than just a few years ago. Unsurprisingly traffic speeds have now dropped to under 16km/h (just 11km/h during rush hour) and the average daily commute now takes 120 minutes. This kind of congestion is bad for productivity in Bangkok and the resulting pollution undermines everyone’s quality of life.
It’s why we’re so excited to launch our new UberMOTO service as a pilot in Bangkok starting today. UberMOTO enables people looking to save time and money on short trips to book a ride on a motorcycle at the push of a button and enjoy the most affordable option available in Bangkok.
SAVE MONEY, SAVE TIME
HOW IT WORKS
- Choose the UberMOTO option in the Uber app. Enter your pickup location, payment method, and request a ride.
- Once your request has been accepted by the nearest driver, you’ll see your driver’s details straight away–name, photo and the details of the motorbike. As with uberX or UberBLACK, these drivers are have undergone an extensive screening process which includes a police background check.
- Rates start at ฿10 + ฿3.50/km + ฿0.85/min. The minimum fare as well as cancellation fee are both ฿10.
- Your UberMOTO driver will have a helmet available for you. The city of Bangkok requires that all motorcycle riders and drivers wear a helmet, and failure to do so is a traffic violation.
- At the end of your trip, you can pay with either cash or credit, depending on what you chose before requesting the ride. You’ll also receive an electronic receipt.
During our launch phase, UberMOTO will be available in the Sathorn, Siam, and Silom areas. Ride from MRT Silom, MRT Lumpini, BTS Saladaeng, or BTS Chong Nonsi to your home or office. Demand is expected to be off the charts as we add more UberMOTO drivers, so you may need to request multiple times. In the coming weeks, we’ll be expanding coverage of UberMOTO to more locations around Bangkok.
All of Uber’s standard product safety features are in place before, during and after every UberMOTO ride, like live GPS tracking, 2-way feedback and the ability to share trip details with family and friends.
Uber helps use today’s existing infrastructure more efficiently at no extra cost, by giving people smarter mobility options that are more convenient and affordable. This means cheaper rides for commuters and less congestion over time. In fact, UberMOTO is the most affordable option in the city with rates starting at ฿10 + ฿3.50/km + ฿0.85/min.
This is also a great opportunity to raise awareness about the importance of motorcycle safety, especially the role helmets play in saving lives. To this end, we will be partnering with the Thai Traffic Police and Head Awareness Club (HAC) in various community outreach and education initiatives. As part of this joint effort, Uber will be donating helmets to young students and adults in the community, an effort which we hope will be able to help form new habits and save lives.
And to celebrate the launch of UberMOTO, we’re giving away free rides to first time users. Simply key in BKKUberMOTO to get 2 free rides worth THB 100 each, valid until March 15, 2016.
Interested in becoming a partner? Find out more at www.uberthai.com
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.
It’s official: the Uber Driver App for iOS is now available for download in the App Store. And to celebrate, we’ve put together a list of the top 9 things you probably didn’t know about the Uber Driver App for iOS. Once you’ve taken a look, head on over to the App Store and take it for a spin.